The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

I see a lot of girls are putting 'confidence' as an attribute they want in blokes. I don't have a lot of confidence and I would want to get confidence from my women, so it all sounds like a 'you have had a job before you can have a job' bull**** from inside a locked in cycle paradox.
1) Passionate about something, ANYTHING. It could be beetroot or cats or telescopes.
2) Honesty (including telling me I'm being a twit if I am! not just mindlessly agreeing with what I say!)
3) Good Humoured & able to be silly, generally able to laugh at themselves and life :tongue:
4) Intelligence; not in the sense of being a genius but caring about things and having an interest in the world
5) Taller than me (optional but preferred)

Tbh though, I don't really even go by this list If I like you and you're not two wings short of a Bat then I'll ask you out. (sometimes even if you are two wings short of a Bat )
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Mockery
Because we've accepted that women are unable to be funny.

I guess I should probably attempt to protect my testes now, this is going to be painful :lol:

True :tongue: but that doesn't necessarily prevent it from being a desirable trait
Tall
Confident
Humour
Ambitious
Sensitive

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've never really thought about it but I suppose someone who is:

- Kind
- Fun to be around
- Able to be serious and silly (and knows which is appropriate! Ha)
- Loyal and trustworthy
- Not ashamed to be with me

I don't have a 'type', the past 3 people I have dated have ranged massively (a tall, slim curly blonde guy, a short brunette girl and an average sized, muscular black guy... Ha) and looks really don't matter to me. I know a lot of people say it, and to a certain extent they do come into play, you want to have someone nice to look at (! Ha) but I don't really find anyone attractive until I get to know them and I'm attracted by their personality..
Reply 45
a bad boy
Reply 46
Original post by aarora

Slightly rude.

You're a d**k.
Will you go out with me?
Reply 47
-Intelligence
-Sense of humour
-Similar interests (I couldn't date someone I had nothing in common with! he'd have to be a fellow nerd)
-Good looks/stylish (I'm not shallow, but anyone who says physical attraction isn't a factor is lying or a saint)
-Open mindedness
Someone who challenges me intellectually
Sense of humour
Honesty/loyalty/trust (this seems like a silly thing to put since you'd be out in a blink of an eye if you weren't)
Caring/thoughtful/conscientious
Financially astute (I don't mean rich just able to manage money, but my partner of 3 years is useless and aged 34 I don't think there is much hope for him haha)
Original post by scherzi
Why do so many girls seemingly want a sense of humour, yet so few guys want the same?
Because we'd be forever alone if we only considered funny females.
Reply 50
wow, as a guy who's relatively tall I have to say that even I'm surprised that a lot of the girls here put "height" in their top 5, something a lot of people have no control over. To the girls who did, how important is it to you and why exactly?
(edited 11 years ago)
Compatibale music.film,book taste(doesn't mean exactly the same,variety is great)
well dressed-doesn't always mean a suit or something like that,just like they care about how they dress..I'm not sure how to express this without sounding judgemental and shallow..just not too scruffy.
spontaneity-that sense of fun and trying new things,going to new places, is exciting.
Thick dark hair,preferably slightly longer and dark eyes-not a dealbreaker at all just something that nearly always catches my eye.
Sense of humour(especially that flirty teasing humour that normally occurs when you are just getting to know one another)
Trustworthy (I know I have six...couldn't help myself!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by scherzi
Why do so many girls seemingly want a sense of humour, yet so few guys want the same?

I actually want to be with someone who has humour so she won't find my childish behavior weird :P
Reply 53
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:

Tbh though, I don't really even go by this list If I like you and you're not two wings short of a Bat then I'll ask you out. (sometimes even if you are two wings short of a Bat )

Tbh this just made me laugh :tongue:
Reply 54
Original post by arkhamz
wow, as a guy who's relatively tall I have to say that even I'm surprised that a lot of the girls here put "height" in their top 5, something a lot of people have no control other. To the girls who did, how important is it to you and why exactly?

Most guys would like a shorter girl as well you know.
1.) A face
2.) At least one working eyeball
3.) At least two limbs
4.) Probably male
5.) A pulse

But no, I'm not desperate.
Reply 56
Original post by xoflower
Most guys would like a shorter girl as well you know.

Well of course, Though I should have probably added that in too. But I'm more curious of the female perspective/reasoning towards height.
Original post by arkhamz
Well of course, Though I should have probably added that in too. But I'm more curious of the female perspective/reasoning towards height.

I'm really short (157 cm) so it's not hard for a guy to be taller than me... And I don't have preferences towards to height...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by arkhamz

Hm well, being tall is masculine and if a girls taller than him they may feel less feminine? Also, a guy being taller is normal so they want to avoid people with negative comments hm idk
Original post by *~HeartShapedBox
... is willing to cuddle in bed watching Family Guy DVDs :biggrin:

A girl with a great taste in tv shows :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending