Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anyone else around the uni who would be interested in trying to start an ice hockey team? Maybe even for next year? Im gonna be starting my 2nd year next year, and even tho the rink in Plymouth isnt ideal for hockey, we may as well try and get a team sorted.

My skating isnt amazing, in fact my backwards is pretty poor, so im only really in for the fun of it, as there are quite a few unis around the country that have teams now.

Obviously if anyone is interested it helps to at least be able to skate forward, but at this stage, who really gives a ****!?!?

But yer if anyone is interested drop me a message!!

Cheers guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    You obviously aren't aware then that the plymouth pavilions ice rink is due to be demolished, are you?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I am, but according to the guys down at the rink this shouldnt happen untill next year at the earliest.

Either way, I believe that a new rink is being built over near the Life Centre for 2015.

So yer i think there maybe a period of time where there is no ice rink, which isnt very helpful, but at least its being replaced, and fairly soon by the sounds of things.

ReputationRep:
    Im interested in it . Ive never ice skated but i rolley blade like a bawse. Acording to my friend inline and ice skates are pretty much the same. P.S i can skate backwards .
    Will be starting my first year in september though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate,

Thats awesome, but yer Inline and Ice skates are really similar, I used to roller blade a lot as well, ice skates do have a different feel to them, but for you it would just to a matter of getting used to the change.
    But ive been emailing our Vice President of Sports here at the uni, and ive also been talking to exisiting teams around the country at other unis. So its kind of a slow process at the moment, as there isnt a whole lot of interest.
    But thats great mate, il be starting my 2nd year in September and im here for 4, so theres pleanty of time.

But il keep in touch mate, good luck with the summer, and hopefully il see you down here in September.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.