Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone, i have applied and gotten an offer for speech and language therapy in DMU. i would be going for the faculty day soon. i just wanted people's opinion about the city in general. is it friendly? lively?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exotica-xo)
    Hey Everyone, i have applied and gotten an offer for speech and language therapy in DMU. i would be going for the faculty day soon. i just wanted people's opinion about the city in general. is it friendly? lively?

thanks
    Is DMU your firm choice? I am going to visit Leicester within the next few weeks to refresh my memory and look for potential housing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    Is DMU your firm choice? I am going to visit Leicester within the next few weeks to refresh my memory and look for potential housing.
    Yes it is. but i am kinda nervous because i firmed it without even going for an open day but i guess the faculty day would tell. and are you looking to buy a house, rent or living in halls??

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. but i am kinda nervous because i firmed it without even going for an open day but i guess the faculty day would tell. and are you looking to buy a house, rent or living in halls??
    I would be looking for a private accommodation because the university do not offer family accommodation.

I have been to Leicester before. A friend studied at DMU a while ago and I stayed at his for a week or so. I would be going to refresh my memory of the city centre and get a better look around the residential areas; he lived in student accommodation at the time, and I do think it has been knocked down now or the university do not use it at least. My girlfriend has never been to Leicester before though so it is to see if she likes the place too.

I cannot make the next faculty open day. I will obviously have to go down before the UCAS deadline says I have to give a response.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I've lived in Leicester for 8 years and I've been out there once. The people there really put me off.

If much rather spend a little bit more and go to Birmingham or manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhaynes)
    In all honesty, I've lived in Leicester for 8 years and I've been out there once. The people there really put me off.

If much rather spend a little bit more and go to Birmingham or manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    were they rude?
    what is about them that put you off...

ReputationRep:
    were they rude?
    what is about them that put you off...
    They all seem to be cut from the same block and they're about as clever as a block of wood as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.