Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm writing this on behalf of a friend, who's dad said he'd be very good at researching and designing products that solve and improve future issues. To do this however, you apparently should work in a university team where you research and develop stuff. If this is right, then what degree should he be taking?

Also, if this isn't suited for him, he says he'd really like a career that uses a combination of science and art (not architecture), but he doesn't know of any. Could somebody help him? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Engineering would probably be the obvious choice. There are many types of engineering though, so which branch would be more down to his own interests/abilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellsteapot)
    Engineering would probably be the obvious choice. There are many types of engineering though, so which branch would be more down to his own interests/abilities.
    Is maths essential for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonNortherner)
    Is maths essential for engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not an engineer myself, but I think it's essential, yes.

Have a read of this guide, it seems like a good starting point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonNortherner)
    Because they are on behalf of friends . I'm not hiding anything. If you know me so well, then you'd know I want to be a solicitor, studying A level Health and Social Care, Biol, Econ, Geog and the EPQ and predicted 5 A*'s, and intending to apply to UCL, KCL, Cambridge, Exeter, Durham next year. Seriously Smart, you need to get seriously smart and read my posts in order to figure it out. See what I did there? Classy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why was it necessary to tell everyone your predicted grades :s

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.