Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So i did the first year of a levels and i wasn't enjoying myself or trying hard, so i ended up getting 2 as levels a B for maths and D for Physics
    I decided to drop out and join the raf as an air traffic controller, started training to pass fitness tests and applied just before Christmas. About 3 weeks ago i was told i cant get in because i have a history of asthma.
    So I've started looking for work and i have decided to apply for accounting apprenticeships but most of them require a levels. So I have decided if i don't get into these apprenticeships i want to redo my a levels.
    I'm fed up of doing nothing.
    My question is is there a way for me to do my a levels in 1 year?
    I'm 19 and don't want to waste any more time, i'm ready to work hard.
    I want to do Maths, accounting and economics a levels, all in a year.
    Is it possible and where in London can i do this?

ReputationRep:
    You can continue both the maths and the physics on A2 considering you passed both at AS. Most colleges however would prefer if you took three consistent subjects, so just pick another AS maybe in accounting and finance which would help if you decided to pursue a apprenticeship in accounting.

ReputationRep:
    You could apply as a private candidate to do your a level exams. In London there are two institutes that allow you to do the science practical exams externally: Duff Miller college and London Brookes college.

However if you want to do these exams this year in may/june you have to apply asap. And these exams can be very expensive to give if you're applying privately. Though I do recommend that you look into these two colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomson2013)
    You can continue both the maths and the physics on A2 considering you passed both at AS. Most colleges however would prefer if you took three consistent subjects, so just pick another AS maybe in accounting and finance which would help if you decided to pursue a apprenticeship in accounting.
    My last sixth wouldn't let me continue physics because i only got a D
    you sure another college would let me continue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiek93)
    My last sixth wouldn't let me continue physics because i only got a D
    you sure another college would let me continue?
    Apply to a college not a sixth form, entry criteria tends to be more strict for sixth forms from what I have seen, and yes they have no reason not to if you have already passed the subject at AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiamalik_1995)
    You could apply as a private candidate to do your a level exams. In London there are two institutes that allow you to do the science practical exams externally: Duff Miller college and London Brookes college.

However if you want to do these exams this year in may/june you have to apply asap. And these exams can be very expensive to give if you're applying privately. Though I do recommend that you look into these two colleges.
    Wish i could, they both seem like good places but i don't have money for private school, do you know any place that offers the same thing for free?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure where about in London you live so I wouldn't recommend anywhere but if you google fast track a levels and your area/London places that do this should come up. I'm not sure if you have to pay though because of your age, double check. All the best with your future, I hope everything works out for you.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.