Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are/Were there rough gangs in your old/current secondary school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In my old school there were several gangs that went about in groups provoking random people by happy slapping them and extreme verbal abuse and if you so much said a word about it to them they would instantly jump you mercilessly. This used to happen daily and I want to know if this was common in your school or was my school just super chavvy.

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't happen in my school.

However, there is another secondary school 200m away where a 12 year old stabbed another 12 year old with the blade from a pencil sharpener not two weeks ago.
    • TSR Support Team

First off I moved this to advice and everyday issues. On the topic my school was a bit like this with small gangs of people causing trouble and beating people up who looked at them wrong. Quite a few from my school day are in prison or have been in prison. One guy got done for raping his girlfriends sister :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    First off I moved this to advice and everyday issues. On the topic my school was a bit like this with small gangs of people causing trouble and beating people up who looked at them wrong. Quite a few from my school day are in prison or have been in prison. One guy got done for raping his girlfriends sister :s:
    OMG how nasty? But I see you're from Vancouver so it might be a bit different. Do you personally know this guy though?

ReputationRep:
    I would feed off of the fact that their future is almost certainly going to cause them more torment over 50+ years, in comparison to a bit of verbal abuse and physical assault.

To be fair, I laughed in the realm of verbal abuse, since it would be the same old obvious stuff: "Goth." - "You look like a girl" - "Go get a hair cut."

As far as physical assault goes? It never really happened to me, but I don't think they ever fancied trying to happy slap someone who had 50 inches worth of steel chains hanging from his belt at all times (Which by the way, I have used as a weapon of self-defense in the past)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IxI_Rhys_IxI)
    I would feed off of the fact that their future is almost certainly going to cause them more torment over 50+ years, in comparison to a bit of verbal abuse and physical assault.

To be fair, I laughed in the realm of verbal abuse, since it would be the same old obvious stuff: "Goth." - "You look like a girl" - "Go get a hair cut."

As far as physical assault goes? It never really happened to me, but I don't think they ever fancied trying to happy slap someone who had 50 inches worth of steel chains hanging from his belt at all times (Which by the way, I have used as a weapon of self-defense in the past)
    Believe me when I say this they would just call 100+ people to jump you in a matter of minutes. This would certainly mean a massive beating for you unless you left the school to never return again.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by sissoko46)
    OMG how nasty? But I see you're from Vancouver so it might be a bit different. Do you personally know this guy though?
    Ah originally I am from England, and I did know the guy, he was a right school bully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Ah originally I am from England, and I did know the guy, he was a right school bully.
    Cannot imagine what it must be like to be around such a disgusting sick individual. Someone really should have warned his girlfriend to not mix with him since he already showed his true colours by being a bully in the first place.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by sissoko46)
    Cannot imagine what it must be like to be around such a disgusting sick individual. Someone really should have warned his girlfriend to not mix with him since he already showed his true colours by being a bully in the first place.
    Ah he was creepy, soon as I knew what he had done, I was not surprised and to be honest I think he pressured his girlfriend into a lot of stuff but she was too naive to do anything about it. Unfortunately I knew some bad characters from my school days like another guy who beat his girlfriend up and almost left her for dead, he even pushed her down a flight of stairs when she was pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a private school (admittedly it's one of the cheapest out of all of them) so there wasn't a huge amount of serious gang culture. There was however a gang which nicknamed itself 'The Playground Patrol'. Run by a boy from East London who got expelled from his last school and could barely string a sentence together, they walked around the school laughing at Year 7s, turning chairs upside down and squashing fruit into the carpet. I think the guy running it was slightly autistic or something. It's quite difficult to be intimidated by a gang who take literally 2 minutes to process every single word you say.

We did have a few headcases that you knew you had to avoid though. Quite a few of them got expelled and went on to do some pretty horrendous stuff and are now either in prison or on the run from the Police. But yeah, apart from that it was a nice school. After they kicked the nutters out you were pretty safe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.