Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Should I be worried - possible pervert? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was working today at the pub, this guy came in (he has came in a few times before to the pub when I've been working - he is a regular who has been going in for years). He randomly stares at me a lot but I just figured he was a bit odd (plus drunk) as there are quite a few unusual sort of people in the pub.

Anyway after finishing my night shift, I walked home. I finished at 12.30 at night and got home 20 mins later. I decided to jog home because I have work early the next day and want to get as much sleep as possible.

He follows me in his pickup truck. When I get to my road I decide to walk so I am not out of breath when I get in my house/room/bed and not able to sleep. He followed me this way and asked if I want a lift. I say no thanks I'm almost there. He then asks:

'Do you bat on the other side?'
    I ask him: 'What do you mean?'
    He says: 'Are you gay?;
    Me: 'No I'm not'
    Him: 'have you ever tried it' [meaning anal sex]
    Me: 'No'
    Him: 'Oh I just thought you were a good looking guys, that's all'
    Him: 'Ok just don't tell anyone at the pub about this'
    Me: 'Ok'
    Him: *Shakes my hand*

So I then walk off and he tries to see which house I am living in.

Since I live in a small village he asked where abouts I live earlier in the night in the pub and I told him my road name. So he now knows my road name and I don't think he knows my house as I tried to make sure he didn't see me entering the house. Anyway I'm a bit worried he is not just gay - he is also a pervert.

Should I tell someone about this? My mum? My boss who owns the pub? Or even take it further and let the police know?

He even did say 'don't tell anyone'. I would never tell a customer or anything but maybe I should tell my boss as I'm slightly worried.

He is also quite a big bloke and is probably physically stronger than me. And I was thinking if I did get in his truck when he asked me if i wanted a lift, maybe he would have taken me back to his house or something and tried to rape me. Maybe I am overthinking but I am a bit worried. He was definitely a bit of an odd bloke too. As he drove off in his pickup truck he drove all over the flowers/hedge on my road as he was drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, tell your parents and your pub first and get advice from them. I used to work in a bar too and got a few oddballs in there, so I know what it's like. But to follow you home like that is definitely not normal. Now you have said no to him hopefully he will get the message. If he tries anything again then it can probably be deemed harassment, so talk to your parents about possibly raising the issue with the police the. But in the meantime he hasn't done anything technically wrong, so there's no reason to antagonise him further.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's a weirdo. Report him to the cops and if he follows you home again, beat him up. We don't need pervs like this in society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickth)
    Yes, tell your parents and your pub first and get advice from them. I used to work in a bar too and got a few oddballs in there, so I know what it's like. But to follow you home like that is definitely not normal. Now you have said no to him hopefully he will get the message. If he tries anything again then it can probably be deemed harassment, so talk to your parents about possibly raising the issue with the police the. But in the meantime he hasn't done anything technically wrong, so there's no reason to antagonise him further.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

(Original post by paddlesnap)
    Yeah, he's a weirdo. Report him to the cops and if he follows you home again, beat him up. We don't need pervs like this in society.
    Cheers guys. Its 1:18 as I write this message. Work is 10am tomorrow. So hopefully when i wake up my mum will be home and I can let her know in the morning. I will talk to her about it and ask if i should let my boss know too. This guy made it clear not to tell anyone and if the message spreads i think it could get violent.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be worried. I've had an encounter like this but I managed to make him lose track of me and never saw him again. However, because you live in a village and have encountered the same guy many times you should watch yourself and don't be afraid to go for the eyes.

ReputationRep:
    He just asked if you're gay and said you're good looking. He hasn't done anything that creepy, now that he knows you're not gay he'll probably leave it. Of course if he persists and actually gets weird then tell someone, but so far he's done nothing other than be a little odd. You're just not used to being in this role reversal, you found that intimidating, well girls deal with that all the time. :P He's just an eccentric drunk old boot.

You're just getting creeped out 'cause he's gay.

ReputationRep:
    You've said no and he's backed off. Unless he says anything to you again and follows you home again etc, don't worry about it
    Also, about the 'don't tell anyone' bit, that's probably for his sake, in the sense that not many people may know he's gay and therefore he wouldn't want it spread round and made common knowledge that he is. Respect his privacy until he does anything else like try and put the moves on you or follow you home again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    He just asked if you're gay and said you're good looking. He hasn't done anything that creepy, now that he knows you're not gay he'll probably leave it. Of course if he persists and actually gets weird then tell someone, but so far he's done nothing other than be a little odd. You're just not used to being in this role reversal, you found that intimidating, well girls deal with that all the time. :P He's just an eccentric drunk old boot.

You're just getting creeped out 'cause he's gay.
    But he FOLLOWED me home. I am not sure if i should tell my boss straight away or wait a second time for that sort of thing to happen. Because if it happens a second time it could be a lot worse and could be too late if he does try anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDUFF)
    You've said no and he's backed off. Unless he says anything to you again and follows you home again etc, don't worry about it
    Also, about the 'don't tell anyone' bit, that's probably for his sake, in the sense that not many people may know he's gay and therefore he wouldn't want it spread round and made common knowledge that he is. Respect his privacy until he does anything else like try and put the moves on you or follow you home again
    Yeah you are right about the 'dont tell anyone' bit - that is what he meant because people in the pub like to gossip and can get quite rude and personal to people.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.