Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

guys, do you only want sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel as if every guy I've been out with has only wanted me for sex. I dumped my last boyfriend after he tried to make me have sex with him whilst I was drunk; I can;t seem to kiss a boy without him asking me for a blow job. Even when I was fourteen, in my first relationship, I was dumped after refusing to go further.

I don't really know what I do that gives off this vibe. I'm intelligent and, although I wouldn't call myself prudish, I don't have loose morals with regards to sex. I'm currently 17 and have never had sex - I'm so glad that I reject these guys' advances but I'm becoming exasperated and worried that it's something I'm doing??

thanks for any advice in advance

ReputationRep:
    Well you clearly chose the wrong guys?

ReputationRep:
    No. You're hanging around with the wrong type of guy.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you for sticking up for yourself Don't give up, it's all trial and error finding yourself the right guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    Well you clearly chose the wrong guys?
    I appreciate this point of view but when I get together with them they don't seem this way! :/ I usually get to know someone for a few months before I become their 'girlfriend' so I would have thought any major negatives like this would come across.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you've just had bad luck. Don't worry about it, a nice 'un will come along soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirazia)
    I feel as if every guy I've been out with has only wanted me for sex. I dumped my last boyfriend after he tried to make me have sex with him whilst I was drunk; I can;t seem to kiss a boy without him asking me for a blow job. Even when I was fourteen, in my first relationship, I was dumped after refusing to go further.

I don't really know what I do that gives off this vibe. I'm intelligent and, although I wouldn't call myself prudish, I don't have loose morals with regards to sex. I'm currently 17 and have never had sex - I'm so glad that I reject these guys' advances but I'm becoming exasperated and worried that it's something I'm doing??

thanks for any advice in advance

Some point in a relationship sex is going to be discussed. It's tough to have a relationship without any sex at all because sexual attraction is the basis of the relationship in the first place. Everyone wants sex, guys and girls it's just that guys tend to talk about it first.

If you don't want to have sex that's fine just find a guy who feels the same way. Naturally there are less of these guys then the former.
    • TSR Support Team

There are some guys who aren't like this, as others said I think you've just had bad luck.

ReputationRep:
    Every man wants sex. Some let it control them others dont.

ReputationRep:
    No, right now I'd settle for anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the people above. A lot of guys are like that, i don't see the point in just wanting to have sex with a girl. For me it should be something you slowly build up to and you should both agree on when you want to do it. It has to be with someone you truly love as well. Hopefully you will find someone that treats you well

ReputationRep:
    A guy asking you for a blow job doesn't mean he only wants that, it just means he wants that. I don't understand how wanting sex equals only wanting sex.

ReputationRep:
    Keep waiting for the right guy and until you're ready! After all you can't get your v-card back after you give it away. Guys don't care as much for the most part but you're so right to have refused all those advances so far.

ReputationRep:
    You've been looking in the wrong place... There are plenty of guys who want more than sex. Most guys want sex, alot of guys are massive ***** about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. In fact, for me (18yo male), sex is just about one of the least important parts of a relationship for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    A guy asking you for a blow job doesn't mean he only wants that, it just means he wants that. I don't understand how wanting sex equals only wanting sex.
    In my opinion, it equals only wanting sex when they ask for it unreasonably early on (i.e. a month), and get annoyed when you won't comply. Also, asking for it when you are drunk doesn't seem like something that someone who actually cared about the person would do! I also want sex - it's not that I don't - it's just that I want it with someone for whom it's a plus, rather than the only motivation for being with someone

ReputationRep:
    I'm a type of guy who feels that I cnt have sex with someone till I'm really close to them, and I'm sure I'm attracted and connected to them and will be them "forever" atleast I hope, I feel like having sex with someone in the start is like losing my moral.

ya and I dnt look for sex

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much

ReputationRep:
    Not every man is a horny rapist aiming to score. OP get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, most teenage boys want sex..

It's nothing you're doing, it's them!

But one day, you will find someone who isn't like most teenage boys

Posted from TSR Mobile e

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.