The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by mirazia
I feel as if every guy I've been out with has only wanted me for sex. I dumped my last boyfriend after he tried to make me have sex with him whilst I was drunk; I can;t seem to kiss a boy without him asking me for a blow job. Even when I was fourteen, in my first relationship, I was dumped after refusing to go further.

I don't really know what I do that gives off this vibe. I'm intelligent and, although I wouldn't call myself prudish, I don't have loose morals with regards to sex. I'm currently 17 and have never had sex - I'm so glad that I reject these guys' advances but I'm becoming exasperated and worried that it's something I'm doing??

thanks for any advice in advance :colondollar:

Personally, I enjoy sex yes. But, I have never went into sex without being sure I like the person and that they want to as well. I never force the person and only do it when they say they are ready. If they ask me to wait until they are ready I do not try until they tell me outright themselves, and I have never left a girl because she will not have sex. That is just ridiculous and shallow.
Reply 61
Original post by blakey1988
Meh. You probably just friend zoned the good guys and keep complaining why there aren't any good guys to date.

Thisthisthisthisthis.
Reply 62
Original post by Ignitus

You see in black and white. Of course everything requires basic skill, but I think even you can agree that doctors and lawyers work a bit harder. Being an IT technician requires IT skill, not confidence or aggression.

Forgive me if I don't believe you're telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when you say that decent qualification's aren't necessary. Do you pick random teenagers of the street because they think themselves great?

You're right, I haven't. In fact, I'm a good four years from leaving school and Sixth Form. Why squander your supreme intellect on a youth?

It's pretty insulting that you're using the phrase "basic skill" and just because you may be heading down the route of medicine doesn't mean that they work harder than me. I went to uni alongside future doctors who didn't have as much a workload as me.

Excuse me but when did I say that decent qualifications weren't necessary? I said that they must be coupled with the correct personality which I can tell from behind an iPhone, you do not possess.

Until you experience the REAL world, I'd advise you not to give an opinion on something that you don't know anything about.

And exactly, I don't know why I'm bothering, I just can't stand people who think they are clever yet act like an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
It's pretty insulting that you're using the phrase "basic skill" and just because you may be heading down the route of medicine doesn't mean that they work harder than me. I went to uni alongside future doctors who didn't have as much a workload as me.

Excuse me but when did I say that decent qualifications weren't necessary? I said that they must be coupled with the correct personality which I can tell from behind an iPhone, you do not possess.

Until you experience the REAL world, I'd advise you not to give an opinion on something that you don't know anything about.

And exactly, I don't know why I'm bothering, I just can't stand people who think they are clever yet act like an idiot.

Amount of workload =/= intellectual requirement.

I misread you.
Fascinating, my 13th post and your omniscience has decided me unsuitable for employment. Your interviews must be really thorough.

So I shouldn't formulate opinions due to my youth? You're going to birth a child as smart as yourself! (that's an insult)

If you don't know the motives behind your actions, and you persist to commit them, your level of rationality doesn't impress me.
Original post by mirazia
I appreciate this point of view but when I get together with them they don't seem this way! :/ I usually get to know someone for a few months before I become their 'girlfriend' so I would have thought any major negatives like this would come across.

Perhaps you 'get together' with them too soon? If you go out on dates with a guy for say for 4 weeks and he's content to just meet up, kiss a little and just enjoy your company, nothing more...then he's probably a nice guy and not in it for one thing. You can then start moving towards a more physical level, if you wanted. He's more likely to be enjoying your relationship and not be looking to always drive it to the next level.

Just make sure you are not always looking in the same circles, men/boys often hang out with like-minds. (You can tell a lot about someone by the company they keep! Unless they're a loner...and then you can't be sure! :sneakydevil:).

I'm much older than you but I'm a man who likes to take things a little slower. Believe it or not I've had similar pressure a few times in the past, from girls/women, who wanted to go a lot faster. Sometimes it was just playful suggestion, but sometimes it was more demanding and hostile.

You don't need that headache, always walk away from that kind of pressure. You'll find better out there.
No, simply
Original post by Mankytoes
A guy asking you for a blow job doesn't mean he only wants that, it just means he wants that. I don't understand how wanting sex equals only wanting sex.

She did say he dumped her when she refused... which kind of means he wasn't interested in anything else she had to offer.

OP, I think you're most likely just very bad at choosing decent guys.
Reply 67
Original post by Ignitus
Amount of workload =/= intellectual requirement.

I misread you.
Fascinating, my 13th post and your omniscience has decided me unsuitable for employment. Your interviews must be really thorough.

So I shouldn't formulate opinions due to my youth? You're going to birth a child as smart as yourself! (that's an insult)

If you don't know the motives behind your actions, and you persist to commit them, your level of rationality doesn't impress me.

Just curious - how old are you/what level are you at?
In response to the OP:

Depends if you're fit or not.
Original post by Dragonfly07
She did say he dumped her when she refused... which kind of means he wasn't interested in anything else she had to offer.

OP, I think you're most likely just very bad at choosing decent guys.

That was only one guy, and that still kind of depends on how long this was after. If a girl didn't have sex with me for a long time, I'd assume she either wasn't comfortable with me, wasn't attracted to me, had very different views on sex to me, or was withholding sex to get power over me. All of which would be reasonable reasons to break up with someone. Most adults of both genders consider a good sex life to be very important in a relationship.

Even the horniest teenage boy is likely to enjoy a girls company if shes fun to be around.
Original post by Mankytoes
That was only one guy, and that still kind of depends on how long this was after. If a girl didn't have sex with me for a long time, I'd assume she either wasn't comfortable with me, wasn't attracted to me, had very different views on sex to me, or was withholding sex to get power over me. All of which would be reasonable reasons to break up with someone. Most adults of both genders consider a good sex life to be very important in a relationship.

Even the horniest teenage boy is likely to enjoy a girls company if shes fun to be around.

Well she is only 17, and she listed that experience as part of what happened when she was 14...

I mean the teenage years are the worst years too be in relationships because everyone is very selfish. Even you have to admit that teenage boys are way too horny for their own good.
Reply 71
Original post by Krish4791
Just curious - how old are you/what level are you at?

14. We have different levels for different subjects. My English is a 7A for example which is equivalent to a borderline A/A* in GCSE. My maths is an 8c which is a low A*, my history is a 7B which is a mid A, science is a B (but even the highest are working at that - I've got the highest in my set for the last two tests and one of the highest in the year (best friend in another set beat me by a mark :angry:)), and at the end of the spectrum there's Art and other un-academic fields with a borderline D/C.

And this is without putting much effort in (to be fair few people do), other than in maths which isn't my natural aptitude.
Reply 72
If the OP was a guy generalising all women to want or do the same thing everyone would be going mental. How can you say this about all guys are you generally that naive to put half the human race in the same category? Stupid question and you need to grow up. 17? You sound like 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Wouldn't mind it, been deprived for 2 long years.
Reply 74
No,

We want kisses and cuddles.
Reply 75
No, I want blowjobs and sandwiches too...

Are you serious OP?
Reply 76
Original post by Londonred
Don't generalise...How can you say this about all guys are you generally that naive to put half the human race in the same category? Stupid question and you need to grow up. 17? You sound like 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not 'putting' or 'generalising,' hence the fact that it was a question. Whether my perception is invalid or not, it's certainly understandable given the experiences from which I am deducting it. I think the main title question was put a little crudely, yes, but the actual post was an exasperated question about what I am doing wrong in being with such boys, rather than claiming that non-sex-crazed boys dont exist
You're just picking the wrong people lmao
Depends where and how I meet you.

If I meet you, anything but sober in a nightclub, chances are I just want awesome drunken sex.

If I meet you and get talking to you, and am interested in what you have to say, chances are I'm looking beyond your looks at that point.

Sex is great, but it's not everything.
Reply 79
Original post by mirazia
It's not 'putting' or 'generalising,' hence the fact that it was a question. Whether my perception is invalid or not, it's certainly understandable given the experiences from which I am deducting it. I think the main title question was put a little crudely, yes, but the actual post was an exasperated question about what I am doing wrong in being with such boys, rather than claiming that non-sex-crazed boys dont exist

Since when can you ask a question about half the human race? Why didn't you ask one guy if he says no your question is answered. Your question looks like a blatant dig at guys because you keep going for the wrong ones and your having a hissy fit. It's not hard to figure out what type of guys are just wanting sex unless your just that naive

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest