Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Say a scenario, I finish with a 1st at a decent university like Manchester, and would want to apply for a graduate program at Cambridge, would my A-level resits affect my application, or do they solely look at an undergraduate degree.
    I didn't know that beforehand, and therefore planning on resitting some of them, someone told me this could be problematic, I really want to do a grad school at either Cambridge or Oxford.
    Thanks (p.s. would be a politics/economics based degree)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychedelicious)
    No. Mine are ****. I did an access course to get on to my degree. I got a first at Newcastle and got into Cambridge. I was rejected at Oxford but I don't think my A-levels had anything to do with it.

I don't know if you're international or not but the term Grad School is generally not used or well known in the UK.
    Can you get into schools like LSE/Kings/Manchester with access? Also I want to do international relations or PPE for undergrad, but can't seem to find any politics based access course in London. Any tips?
    Also thanks for the reply, and well done for getting into Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupiditasMetam)
    Say a scenario, I finish with a 1st at a decent university like Manchester, and would want to apply for a graduate program at Cambridge, would my A-level resits affect my application, or do they solely look at an undergraduate degree.
    I didn't know that beforehand, and therefore planning on resitting some of them, someone told me this could be problematic, I really want to do a grad school at either Cambridge or Oxford.
    Thanks (p.s. would be a politics/economics based degree)
    Hey!

So I graduated with a 1st from Kent Uni and was accepted into Oxbridge. My A-Levels were average not great, but I know someone else on the course who got like BBC and is on the course too. It seems that there is a focus on the undergrad more so than anything else, at least in my department!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they want your cash!!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.