Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Google maps treasure hunt Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://maps.google.com/
    Just click ''start treasure hunting", bottom left. It's been keeping me entertained at 3am so I thought I'd share it haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, actually you can open the map there. I was silly and was looking in the original map while hovering onto the treasure map small square

Have you found any treasure chests yet?

ReputationRep:
    how do i find treasure??

so confused:confused:

ReputationRep:
    btw its an april fools prank :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notsure)
    btw its an april fools prank :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    Is it?

ReputationRep:
    Can you win stuff? It looks nice, makes me feel like I am using a map off Skyrim/Mordor!

ReputationRep:
    Check out streetview on it as well! Haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Is it?
    yup! lol

if you type in how to find treasure on google, various articles come up on how google's pranking everyone onto finding treasure that doesnt exist :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously this is an Easter Egg, and there is no real treasure to be found. But there could be something. And there are hints to be found within the challenge. I have managed to narrow it down to a small area using 4 different hints, but am stuck at this point and simply can't figure it out from here. But the hints complement each other individually, so Google has built a map within maps.

ReputationRep:
    There are the letters spelling april fools located throughout the globe, there's a R in County Waterford!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed it's an April fools, but there are other hidden messages too. My point was, the April Fools is the actual treasure does not exist, but there is definately a riddle/map built into it.

ReputationRep:
    I know there's probably no treasure, but it says 'beware of pirates'. Are there actually any?

ReputationRep:
    Nice find with the R btw.

ReputationRep:
    It has the titanic on the map, with pictures:shock:! Has it always been on or is that just for the treasure Map?

ReputationRep:
    Where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00b gaming)
    Where is it?
    go to google maps and in the lower left corner it asks if you want to do the treasure hunt

ReputationRep:
    I meant the Titanic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00b gaming)
    I meant the Titanic?
    Zoom in east of America, where is says 'North Atlantic Ocean', and slightly north-west it says 'titanic' then do the street view and it has a few pictures

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    I was so excited when I saw this, I love treasure hunts! Damn Google pranks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.