Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Conscious of weight - boyfriend's remarks Watch

I'm curious about pasts and when enquiring a little while back, my boyfriend said out of the 9 people he's slept with, only 1/2 of those girls were bigger than me. I find this very hard to deal with - I am a size 8 top size 10 bottom and wasn't expecting this sort of remark/position. I wasn't expecting to be the skinniest, by any means, but I've been feeling uncomfortable about my weight recently and I think I was just looking for confirmation that I was still beautiful - from the person who's supposed to think that He always calls me pretty and our sex life is brilliant - but there's a nagging now that most of the people he's been with have been much skinner. He pointed out that you could see his ex's hips, which he put as a negative but after being told my ranking, it made me feel worse. How do I get my confidence back?

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult, because the idea of 'skinnier = better' is not always true, but we tell ourselves that it is. Each guy has different preferences - some like really skinny girls, others like curvy girls, etc etc. If he's your boyfriend, and you're having a brilliant sex life then it's clear he doesn't find you unattractive.

You just have to trust what he says. Most guys seem to find confidence in a girl sexy, so the first thing you need to do is learn to love your body, or at least be comfortable in your skin. Of course that is easier said than done.

Just remember that things didn't work out with those other girls, and that he's with you - so surely you can take some comfort from that?

Hey girl, you're far from being overweight let alone fat! Do not let some remarks put you down you're normal weight so don't worry about it okay? Tell your boyfriend that it is hurting you being compared with his ex and being ranked based on previous sexual experience. I'd be so angry at myself if I ever made my girlfriend feel unsure of herself.

Don't let those remarks affect you. Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    Surely actions speak louder than words, it's not as if he's said you're too fat although when my girlfriend lost some weight I didn't feel scared to comment on it. You're mid-range of all the people your BF has ever dated, going by his exact words, surely that's average and therefore better.

You want confirmation that you're beautiful, he's with you. Perhaps he's more tactless in speaking than thinking you're the wrong weight.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm curious about pasts and when enquiring a little while back, my boyfriend said out of the 9 people he's slept with, only 1/2 of those girls were bigger than me. I find this very hard to deal with - I am a size 8 top size 10 bottom and wasn't expecting this sort of remark/position. I wasn't expecting to be the skinniest, by any means, but I've been feeling uncomfortable about my weight recently and I think I was just looking for confirmation that I was still beautiful - from the person who's supposed to think that He always calls me pretty and our sex life is brilliant - but there's a nagging now that most of the people he's been with have been much skinner. He pointed out that you could see his ex's hips, which he put as a negative but after being told my ranking, it made me feel worse. How do I get my confidence back?
    He could perhaps put it better what he said, besides you are far from fat.

your an 8-10 i went from a asize 0 (when i was very ill) to a size 10 (now) and my boyfriend loves it saying i actually have boobs and a bum and a figure, you shoulnt feel insecure at all your skinny thin/ you are not 'fat' and hes a **** for making you feel that way

ReputationRep:
    why is everyone saying hes a ****. if you read the OP she asked a question and he answered it. he also didn't say she was fat, which she obviously isn't, he said only 1/2 of the people he slept with are bigger.

why would you assume most of the people he's slept with in the past were not also a good size? and why do you take who's the skinniest as a "ranking" he has clearly said he doesn't see it that way and you are worried about being attractive to him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.