Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all,

Just need to let off some steam- I had a o2 sim only contract for a year and in jan someone called me and i upgraded- within two days i changed my mind as i saw another sim only contract with another network and wanted to move to it.

I was told i could not go back to my original tariff and i had upgraded but they would put me on the lowest one until i got my pac code, Fast forward 2weeks and new network sim kept getting lost in post. When i finally got it i rang o2 for another pac code as i had forgotten it and i was told to ring up and let them know if i got a email asking for a early termination fee.

A month later i got a email asking me to pay the early termination fee and i promptly rang up and explained the situation- I was told that the fee would be removed. Never thought about it again. I dont normally check my balance in my bank but today i looked online and i have been charged £116 early termination fee! wtf! I was told i would not get charged- had no email or call to tell me this and they just charged me! :mad:

Really annoyed as their customer service teams are a shambles which was the main reason i left as one person says one thing and another says something different!

Im going to call in the morning but im so angry atm so thought i should just type it up and let off steam.

If they've taken money after explicitly telling you they wouldn't, that is illegal. Threaten them with legal action until the money is returned. £116 is a lot of money, especially if you're a student.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Was it taken by direct debit? If so, read up on the direct debit guarantee - your bank should give you a full, immediate refund

Sent from my GT-S5363
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.