Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is it normal to prefer adolescent girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal for a man to find adolescent girls (about 12-16) more attractive than adult women 18+?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm pretty sure that's pretty close to pedophilia.

ReputationRep:
    only if you're the same age as them... 0____o

otherwise that's paedophilia. get therapy or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Nope.
    Well, that's a bit blunt. What data do you have on sexual preferences?

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to find them attractive because for thousands of years puberty was nature's 'age of consent' and the sign that a woman is now mature and capable of reproducing.

So in terms of how they look physically, yeah it's fine, I'm only 23 and girls today look so much older than when I was 13-16. They dress in different clothes and seem to be becoming young women earlier and earlier. Not sure about finding them more attractive than women aged 18+ though. I think it may be a case of feeling our own mortality though, and the issue of realising that they are objects that have long since fallen beyond our reach. It's true to say that when you want something, and you can't have it, it's appeal increases.

And it's not paedophilia, it's ephebophilia, which can also apply to being sexually attracted to those of legal age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicWheelchair)
    Well, that's a bit blunt. What data do you have on sexual preferences?
    You misunderstand him, he isn't saying it's wrong, but it definitely isn't normal. How do we define wrong, your biologically programmed that way, nobody can judge you. But you'd better stay away from those kids! >.>

ReputationRep:
    12 is worryingly young to find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    12 is worryingly young to find attractive.
    I agree. But if Mila Kunis looked exactly how she does now and was 12 years old, it wouldn't make you a paedophile to be attracted to her because she has a woman's body. I think that's what the OP is asking. If he means having a preference for them just because they are under age then that's a bit weird.

People tend to massively overreact when discussing stuff like this though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    You misunderstand him, he isn't saying it's wrong, but it definitely isn't normal.

How do you know if it's normal or not? What data do you have? That's the point of the thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.