Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend and I have been through so much in such a little amount of time and now he's about to be homeless.. </3 this is breaking me down to even be writing this but this is life. His mom said that he needed to either join the Military, Sign up for college classes (which he cant afford and his parents refuse to pay for) or make $300 a week. What job do you know that pays $300 a week to a 17 year old kid! We've done all calculations and even working day and night he cant make $300 when taxes are taken out. As for the Military is had already decided that, that is absolutely out of the question. He will be 18 in October and his mother is only giving him until January 1st... I live away from him in college and he cant stay with me...Please please anyone please help me I'm completely out of ideas and i am in desperate need of some help!

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered a share house near where you go to college (unless college regulation dictates you must live on campus) - he could get a job and you could share the house with 2 to 4 (you'll find there are a lot of others in your situation however you don't want to be the only uni student there) others depending on how big it is (eg with 2 others: 2 bedrooms - a bit squished but if everyone's nice, friendly, and down to earth everything's fine). Will that work?

Assuming you're working p.t. and he's working f.t. what's your combined income?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.