Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Do you approve of the job David Cameron is doing as PM? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job David Cameron is doing as PM?
    Yes
    23.33%
    No
    76.67%

ReputationRep:
    Well folks are you?

ReputationRep:
    No. He has, so far:

-ruined marriage
    -failed to cut immigration
    -manoeuvred to repeal the Hunting Act
    -failed to turn the economy round, whilst failing to make any real cuts.

ReputationRep:
    He is in a difficult position having to accommodate the demands of the Liberal Democrats.

ReputationRep:
    No.

He hasn't made any significant spending cuts.
    He hasn't made any significant tax cuts.
    He hasn't significantly rolled back the state.
    He hasn't given an EU referendum.

However, the alternatives of Clegg and Miliband would be far, far worse.

Perhaps Farage would do a better job...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    No.

He hasn't made any significant spending cuts.
    He hasn't made any significant tax cuts.
    He hasn't significantly rolled back the state.
    He hasn't given an EU referendum.

However, the alternatives of Clegg and Miliband would be far, far worse.

Perhaps Farage would do a better job...
    Though I agree with you on most of your points, Farage really isn't the answer, why does everyone seem to think that the answer to Britain's woes is right wing, xenophobic fascists? They have no reasonable plan for the economy, it would be more of the same, though the other parties aren't exactly our golden ticket they've got to be better than UKIP and the racist Farage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Though I agree with you on most of your points, Farage really isn't the answer, why does everyone seem to think that the answer to Britain's woes is right wing, xenophobic fascists? They have no reasonable plan for the economy, it would be more of the same, though the other parties aren't exactly our golden ticket they've got to be better than UKIP and the racist Farage.
    Which is why I say 'perhaps'; I don't think he's racist, though. I'm not sure he's xenophobic, either; but certainly he is right-wing.

I won't dismiss him out of hand, but I certainly don't have faith he would be an immediate improvement.

I don't think the problem is the people, really; it seems to be more that the system doesn't work. The idea that one can vote themselves richer seems to have been a complete failure - which is why I would advocate for a strictly limited government with enumerated powers and responsibilities only.

ReputationRep:
    How is UKIP racist and xenophobic?

ReputationRep:
    How are UKIP 'xenophobic fascists' and 'racist' exactly?

1) Wanting controlled levels of immigration isn't 'xenophobic', no matter how many times you leftists try to smear it that way.

2) The closest thing to 'fascism' is that disgusting branch of human retardation you advocate.

3) 'Racism' is a spent accusation made by your ilk and has been exhausted to the point that the meaning is lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    How is UKIP racist and xenophobic?

(Original post by Barksy)
    How are UKIP 'xenophobic fascists' and 'racist' exactly?

1) Wanting controlled levels of immigration isn't 'xenophobic', no matter how many times you leftists try to smear it that way.

2) The closest thing to 'fascism' is that disgusting branch of human retardation you advocate.

3) 'Racism' is a spent accusation made by your ilk and has been exhausted to the point that the meaning is lost.
    Controlled levels of immigration, fine, I can level with that. But what they want to do isn't control levels of immigration it's closing our doors completely which is frankly, an incredibly self destructive and naive proposal. Immigration is vital to our economy despite what the right seems to believe. I'm sure if UKIP had their way then immigrants would be pushed down to the bottom of society. UKIP are obsessed with immigration and to the extent that they're pushing it, it can be considered xenophobic.

Not to mention all the homophobic comments made by countless members of UKIP, some going as far as to compare same sex adoption to child abuse.

Farage may be charasmatic and might bag himself a seat in 2015 but I can't see UKIP doing anything more than splitting the Tory vote.

Single issue party and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    Controlled levels of immigration, fine, I can level with that. But what they want to do isn't control levels of immigration it's closing our doors completely which is frankly, an incredibly self destructive and naive proposal. Immigration is vital to our economy despite what the right seems to believe. I'm sure if UKIP had their way then immigrants would be pushed down to the bottom of society. UKIP are obsessed with immigration and to the extent that they're pushing it, it can be considered xenophobic.
    No it can't. You're using the word xenophobic for your own meaning and purposes. You can't say that just because we're strongly opposed to immigration that we're xenophobic. I have no hatred or fear of foreign people; I simply feel very strongly that we should protect our national culture. That does not make me xenophobic in anyway, shape or form.

Not to mention all the homophobic comments made by countless members of UKIP, some going as far as to compare same sex adoption to child abuse.
    Because of course, Labour Party members have never said anything out of order. Diane Abbott has been repeatedly racist in a very public manner and is still allowed to run as a Labour candidate - and is even a shadow minister. One UKIP candidate made one outrageous comment on a private internet forum and was instantly banned from standing for UKIP. Every party has nutters - but I doubt you'll be too ken to discuss which party has the best record of dealing with them.

Farage may be charasmatic and might bag himself a seat in 2015 but I can't see UKIP doing anything more than splitting the Tory vote.
    Good. I feel, like Peter Hitchens, that the interest of conservatism in the UK are best served by the downfall of the Conservative Party.

Single issue party and always will be.
    Assuming that that 'single issue' you discuss is Europe, you've already contradicted yourself by discussing our immigration policy. Not to mention we've been reviewed recently in the press for both our taxation and defence policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    No it can't. You're using the word xenophobic for your own meaning and purposes. You can't say that just because we're strongly opposed to immigration that we're xenophobic. I have no hatred or fear of foreign people; I simply feel very strongly that we should protect our national culture. That does not make me xenophobic in anyway, shape or form.

Because of course, Labour Party members have never said anything out of order. Diane Abbott has been repeatedly racist in a very public manner and is still allowed to run as a Labour candidate - and is even a shadow minister. One UKIP candidate made one outrageous comment on a private internet forum and was instantly banned from standing for UKIP. Every party has nutters - but I doubt you'll be too ken to discuss which party has the best record of dealing with them.

Good. I feel, like Peter Hitchens, that the interest of conservatism in the UK are best served by the downfall of the Conservative Party.

Assuming that that 'single issue' you discuss is Europe, you've already contradicted yourself by discussing our immigration policy. Not to mention we've been reviewed recently in the press for both our taxation and defence policy.
    Every UKIP supporter I've met in my area supports them on the basis that it will 'stop them coming here and scrounging off the benefit system' albeit in a much more hateful manner than I put. Granted, not everyone will be xenophobic and I'm sure not all UKIP party members are but from what I've seen there's been a lot of hatred towards foreign people from UKIP supporters.

I'm not Labour's biggest fan either and I think Diane Abbott is a poor excuse for a politician. There have been a lot of homophobic comments made from what I've read. Why wouldn't I be keen to discuss it, out of interest?

Well, not really as the two are synoptic with UKIP. They don't want immigrants coming over here and 'stealing our national culture' or whatever phrase you want to use and they feel it's because of the EU that we have 'uncontrollable' levels of immigration. While that may be true, how many ordinary voters do you think have read the reviews on the defence and taxation policies? They're more interested in the immigration topic which links back to the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Calling UKIP facsists and xenophobic doesn't achieve anything. First of all, they're not. People who call them the middle-class BNP know neither UKIP nor BNP policies and the significant differences between the two. The polls indicate that throwing around these tag words that no one wants to be associated with isn't working on UKIP. The key way to discredit UKIP is through intelligent debate over their policies and why they're undesirable.

As to the original question, no I don't approve of Cameron. I think the Lib Dem excuse is used too often and isn't a key factor as to why this term has been underwhelming. I don't believe that he'll be PM following the 2015 election, and it may be because of UKIP. UKIP wont get more than a handful of seats, if that.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.