Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like both uni's a lot so hard to decide between them.
    At the moment I feel I prefer Bristol being in the city rather than baths campus. I also like that Bristol is stronger in research.

However there are two points that are preventing me from choosing Bristol. One is that bath seems to have very strong links with industry. Whereas from what I can gather Bristol seems to have nothing other some local entrepreneurship stuff. I cant believe that there's no help given to get work placements over the summer at big businesses and firms in london. If there is please say, since I can't find much info on website.

I also like the idea of doing study year abroad. Bristol has a few options in Europe which is great if i can learn a language quick but if I can't are there any options in English speaking countries like America?

Thanks, any ideas would be great!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Tedward)
    I like both uni's a lot so hard to decide between them.
    At the moment I feel I prefer Bristol being in the city rather than baths campus. I also like that Bristol is stronger in research.

However there are two points that are preventing me from choosing Bristol. One is that bath seems to have very strong links with industry. Whereas from what I can gather Bristol seems to have nothing other some local entrepreneurship stuff. I cant believe that there's no help given to get work placements over the summer at big businesses and firms in london. If there is please say, since I can't find much info on website.

I also like the idea of doing study year abroad. Bristol has a few options in Europe which is great if i can learn a language quick but if I can't are there any options in English speaking countries like America?

Thanks, any ideas would be great!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I suspect the difference in industry links is just one of administration - Bristol probably arrange more of that sort of thing through the careers centre rather than the faculty - have you looked at the careers centre website? Similarly study abroad is probably advertised through the Study Abroad team, rather than the faculty. I can't believe that the School of Maths at Bristol doesn't have strong industry links, because I know it does have those links in terms of research. The School wouldn't mind you phoning and asking someone your questions though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.