Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So i am currently in year 12 and doing AS' in Maths, Sociology, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics, but i really regret not taking Spanish.

I took Spanish GCSE in one year and got an A. I wondered if it would be possible to cope with the work load if i dropped Philosophy and Ethics and Geography in Year 13 and took Maths and Sociology at A2, and then Spanish at AS and A2. However, if i can't drop 2 subjects, would it be silly to do the whole Spanish A level and instead, just do AS Spanish.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted opinions.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12sunshine)
    Hey,

So i am currently in year 12 and doing AS' in Maths, Sociology, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics, but i really regret not taking Spanish.

I took Spanish GCSE in one year and got an A. I wondered if it would be possible to cope with the work load if i dropped Philosophy and Ethics and Geography in Year 13 and took Maths and Sociology at A2, and then Spanish at AS and A2. However, if i can't drop 2 subjects, would it be silly to do the whole Spanish A level and instead, just do AS Spanish.

Sorry for the long post, but just wanted opinions.

Thanks
    Would you have a tutor for these Spanish lessons? If so, I think it would be possible to do as my friend has just done the same. Last year, however, my friend attempted to do AS Spanish without a tutor and couldn't even manage this on their own.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be in the lessons and go to extra revision. The teacher's would be supportive.

I wouldn't dream of attempting it on my own!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12sunshine)
    I'd be in the lessons and go to extra revision. The teacher's would be supportive.

I wouldn't dream of attempting it on my own!
    Aslong as your committed and have some natural talent for languages then you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, if i had to do 3 A2s next year, i would probably only do the AS in Spanish!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 1, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.