Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am holding an offer for psychology from both universities and am currently indecisive over which one to accept.
    Warwick has its benefit of having a good reputation and possibly being more highly regarded as a university than Bath.
    However, Bath is ranked much higher for psychology in all university rankings I have come across (Sunday Times, Complete University Guide etc.). This includes categories such as 'Research' and 'Graduate Prospects'. I understand that the latter category should answer my question, but the problem is, I am not intending to pursue a career in psychology as such, so I am not sure whether it's valid.
    Furthermore, Bath offers a year of complusory placement, which would allow me to possibly do assistant work in market research (something that relates to what I intend to do after graduating).
    I am looking into doing something like account planning in advertising, which I understand is a rather common field for psychology graduates. Therefore, for employers that are not necessarily that familiar with how a university is ranked for a specific subject, which course would you suggest offers better prospects in this field?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.