Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.02%
    21-40
    5.53%
    41-50
    14.57%
    51-60
    39.70%
    61-70
    37.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    no worries, honestly, any help needed and i will be happy to help . erm firm choice (top choice) King's College London (AAA) and insurance (back up) Queen Mary (BBB).
    Great! Hope you get the place at King's college!

ReputationRep:
    Took this in January. Thank god I don't have to resist. Anyways, may the force be with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Great! Hope you get the place at King's college!
    thank you bro

ReputationRep:
    Just revise everything Sophie. The 6 mark question that was on the jan 2013 paper can be repeated again. Who knows.
    Mehh. So little time, so much to do!
    I shall try.
    Btw you need a name :P I see your posts everywhere; you can't be called 'stalker' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    I shall try.
    Btw you need a name :P I see your posts everywhere; you can't be called 'stalker' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HAHA! Thanks! You can call me stalker! So, how are you feeling about the physics unit 2 exam?

ReputationRep:
    I shall try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And what do you mean by "everywhere"? HAHA

ReputationRep:
    thank you bro
    no probs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)
    Took this in January. Thank god I don't have to resist. Anyways, may the force be with you!
    Thanks! You too!

ReputationRep:
    Going to have some chicken wraps in a moment! YAYYYYY Soo hungry.

ReputationRep:
    BRB. Can not wait to eat my chicken wraps. HAHA

ReputationRep:
    Hey, could somebody please link me the jan 2013 paper / mark scheme? I can't find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    Hey, could somebody please link me the jan 2013 paper / mark scheme? I can't find it
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...age=31&page=31 scroll down to post 602 by stalker47

ReputationRep:
    And what do you mean by "everywhere"? HAHA
    Stalker it is xD

Quite confident, but it could go awfully if its not a nice paper. You?

Everywhere as in bio, chem, physics, maths threads :P (if I'm not mistaken). I think we took a lot of the same exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...age=31&page=31 scroll down to post 602 by stalker47
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    Cheers
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    Stalker it is xD

Quite confident, but it could go awfully if its not a nice paper. You?

Everywhere as in bio, chem, physics, maths threads :P (if I'm not mistaken). I think we took a lot of the same exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well i've seen you almost everywhere loool not surprised seeing how many posts you made on TSR haha

ReputationRep:
    well i've seen you almost everywhere loool not surprised seeing how many posts you made on TSR haha
    Haha xD I've had TSR a looonnngg time :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ooo i can tell miss overlord !! lool :P

ReputationRep:
    putting aside the sexual favours here goes:

lets say the distance between the centre of 2 adjacent slits is 'd' which can be worked out by doing  \frac{1}{no.of.slits.per.metre}. so as the wavefront of the source comes in, it diffracts at an angle  \theta towards the screen, this can be calculated by using a protractor or a spectrometer. if you get constructive interference you know that the path difference for say the first order is  \lambda. now using some trig, we know that  sin\theta = \frac{opposite}{hypotenuse} . sub in  \lambda and 'd' to give  sin\theta = \frac{\lambda}{d} . which gives  dsin\theta = \lambda . now for every maxima or order on the screen, that means you are getting constructive interfence, therefore the path difference with always have to be a whole number (integer) multiple of  \lambda, so lets call that  n\lambda. therefore you get  dsin\theta = n\lambda

on the diagram A to C represent  \lambda
    Sweet, thank you for that explanation, in my book, I can follow it up to the dsin(theta) part, but I don't understand how to explain the part with the n in words, and you've just done that, thanks a lot buddy!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, I just ate my crappy chicken wraps. I am very confident for the exam. Just had ICT exam today. And, sorry, I have never posted anything on the biology section chemistry section. But yeah, maths physics a lot of times.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.