Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.00%
    21-40
    6.00%
    41-50
    14.50%
    51-60
    39.50%
    61-70
    37.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryboy94)
    no worries, honestly, any help needed and i will be happy to help . erm firm choice (top choice) King's College London (AAA) and insurance (back up) Queen Mary (BBB).
    Great! Hope you get the place at King's college!

ReputationRep:
    Took this in January. Thank god I don't have to resist. Anyways, may the force be with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Great! Hope you get the place at King's college!
    thank you bro

ReputationRep:
    Just revise everything Sophie. The 6 mark question that was on the jan 2013 paper can be repeated again. Who knows.
    Mehh. So little time, so much to do!
    I shall try.
    Btw you need a name :P I see your posts everywhere; you can't be called 'stalker' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    I shall try.
    Btw you need a name :P I see your posts everywhere; you can't be called 'stalker' haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HAHA! Thanks! You can call me stalker! So, how are you feeling about the physics unit 2 exam?

ReputationRep:
    I shall try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And what do you mean by "everywhere"? HAHA

ReputationRep:
    thank you bro
    no probs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)
    Took this in January. Thank god I don't have to resist. Anyways, may the force be with you!
    Thanks! You too!

ReputationRep:
    Going to have some chicken wraps in a moment! YAYYYYY Soo hungry.

ReputationRep:
    BRB. Can not wait to eat my chicken wraps. HAHA

ReputationRep:
    Hey, could somebody please link me the jan 2013 paper / mark scheme? I can't find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    Hey, could somebody please link me the jan 2013 paper / mark scheme? I can't find it
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...age=31&page=31 scroll down to post 602 by stalker47

ReputationRep:
    And what do you mean by "everywhere"? HAHA
    Stalker it is xD

Quite confident, but it could go awfully if its not a nice paper. You?

Everywhere as in bio, chem, physics, maths threads :P (if I'm not mistaken). I think we took a lot of the same exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...age=31&page=31 scroll down to post 602 by stalker47
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excal9)
    Cheers
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    Stalker it is xD

Quite confident, but it could go awfully if its not a nice paper. You?

Everywhere as in bio, chem, physics, maths threads :P (if I'm not mistaken). I think we took a lot of the same exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well i've seen you almost everywhere loool not surprised seeing how many posts you made on TSR haha

ReputationRep:
    well i've seen you almost everywhere loool not surprised seeing how many posts you made on TSR haha
    Haha xD I've had TSR a looonnngg time :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ooo i can tell miss overlord !! lool :P

ReputationRep:
    putting aside the sexual favours here goes:

lets say the distance between the centre of 2 adjacent slits is 'd' which can be worked out by doing  \frac{1}{no.of.slits.per.metre}. so as the wavefront of the source comes in, it diffracts at an angle  \theta towards the screen, this can be calculated by using a protractor or a spectrometer. if you get constructive interference you know that the path difference for say the first order is  \lambda. now using some trig, we know that  sin\theta = \frac{opposite}{hypotenuse} . sub in  \lambda and 'd' to give  sin\theta = \frac{\lambda}{d} . which gives  dsin\theta = \lambda . now for every maxima or order on the screen, that means you are getting constructive interfence, therefore the path difference with always have to be a whole number (integer) multiple of  \lambda, so lets call that  n\lambda. therefore you get  dsin\theta = n\lambda

on the diagram A to C represent  \lambda
    Sweet, thank you for that explanation, in my book, I can follow it up to the dsin(theta) part, but I don't understand how to explain the part with the n in words, and you've just done that, thanks a lot buddy!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, I just ate my crappy chicken wraps. I am very confident for the exam. Just had ICT exam today. And, sorry, I have never posted anything on the biology section chemistry section. But yeah, maths physics a lot of times.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.