The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by masryboy94
well then lets hope for any easy 4 marker in the exam !!! :eek:

Fingers crossed! its my last exam, cant wait to finish it.
well thats not very nice whoever negged me, its like you want a hard question hahaha !
Reply 1082
Original post by StalkeR47
You can say, streamlined reduces air resistance. :smile:

Thanks, I hate questions like those. I prefer the maths bit any day :smile:
Reply 1083
i think the 6 marker to describe to measure wavelength of a laser light or to define differences and similarities between interference and diffraction grating
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Fingers crossed! its my last exam, cant wait to finish it.

ahhh lucky AS students !! im starting my exams from tomorrow, got 6 CRAZY exams :frown:
Original post by Claree
That makes sense, but how does that answer the question? Is it not the fact that the plane is affected by air resistance, rather than what features of the plane affect air resistance, that limits the maximum horizontal velocity? :confused:

You will have to think about what factors of the (PLANE) contribute to it's speed. There are many, eg, streamlines, speed/acceleration etc. It can be the wind and other factors that affect the plane's velocity. So, you can use both. :smile:
ahhh lucky AS students !! im starting my exams from tomorrow, got 6 CRAZY exams :frown:

I guess, but, I hate 2 exams in one day... Thursday I've got COMP2 and Mech1 ;__;
Reply 1087

I've got 3 left, and can you show us how to derive the 2nd equation we have to know?
well thats not very nice whoever negged me, its like you want a hard question hahaha !

Why did you get 3 down in fact 4 down votes? What is going on? You are helping others.:confused:
Can anyone explain Question 7b in January 2011, please? :smile:
Reply 1090
Original post by Raimonduo
I guess, but, I hate 2 exams in one day... Thursday I've got COMP2 and Mech1 ;__;

What exam board? My Mechanics is on Monday

I had 12 exams. :tongue:
Original post by StalkeR47
Why did you get 3 down in fact 4 down votes? What is going on? You are helping others.:confused:

got no idea :confused:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Can anyone explain Question 7b in January 2011, please? :smile:

Why not Sophie? :smile::biggrin: You will get TIR so just draw the same ray but TIR ray. Does that make sense? If not, I will post a diagram for you. :smile:
Original post by sceezy
question 7bii on june 2012 ? :smile:

okay, you're told that both those waves are moving towards the left

P would move up, because left of P is a peak. As whole wave moves to the right, the peak will go through point P, forcing it upwards

wave B is a longitudinal wave, instead of moving up and down (like in wave A), the particles will move left and right along the same line as where the wave is moving. Q will shift to the left, because an area of compression is left of Q. So as the wave continues moving along to the right, that area of compression will pass through point Q, pulling it leftwards
Reply 1095
What's the rule for refraction? Does it refract closer tot he normal if it goes into a lower refractive index or more?
Reply 1096
Could someone please explain to me why, in the Jan 2013 paper - question 7bi, they used the speed of light when the question clearly states that they are microwaves?
Reply 1097
Original post by BajoLily
Could someone please explain to me why, in the Jan 2013 paper - question 7bi, they used the speed of light when the question clearly states that they are microwaves?

Speed of microwaves is the speed of light. Microwaves are electromagnetic waves, just like visible light. All EM waves have the same speed.
Can someone explain to me when partial internal reflection happens? As in, on most of the questions you'd draw a refracted ray and that was it, full marks. But on just ONE of the questions one of the marks you get is for partial internal reflection?
Reply 1099
Original post by BajoLily

The question said that it is in a vacuum. All waves travel at the speed of light in vacuums :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending