Original post by Davelittle
Frequency was 6.0 HZ

Speed was 4.5x10^3

lambda=c/f=4.5x10^3/6.0=750m
Frequency was 6.0 HZ

Speed was 4.5x10^3

Damn it I think I did that but accidentally put 4.5x10^-3 into my calculator! Argh I swear half my lost marks are for being a muppet with the calculator :frown:
Reply 1762
Original post by Goods
NatSci is 8 per place.... More at the better colleges for science

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/natsci/

Applications per place: 4
Number accepted: 675

Damn, I guess the website must be wrong :/
Reply 1763
If someone composes an unofficial mark scheme let me know so I can add it to the original post : )
Physics exam was sexy :awesome::biggrin::yy::mmm::top::yep::teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1765
Original post by nich01as
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/natsci/

Applications per place: 4
Number accepted: 675

Damn, I guess the website must be wrong :/

No it is correct
Original post by waheed786
Ohh trust me you haven't :smile: it just seems like you're being a bit full of yourself, you sound like one of them posh school kids , whom I hate so very much. And I've been putting my head down hope full marks is round 60.

Full marks will probs 70 :-) like I said, it was not a difficult paper... Absolute beauty of a paper in fact!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think everyone misunderstood the last question on the paper. It was white light passing through a single slit. Look at the textbook page 202, figure 2. Apparently no one here realized it.
Was this 2 marks??.. if so could you kindly allocate where the marks would be awarded. I use c=flambda , rearranged to make lambda the subject.. but i got 7.5x10^-4.. how did you get 750m from that was the speed not given in m/s?
Frequency was 6.0 HZ

Speed was 4.5x10^3

Reply 1769
Original post by february-girl
Full marks will probs 70 :-) like I said, it was not a difficult paper... Absolute beauty of a paper in fact!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The highest for 120ums since june09 has been 62 raw marks. I think 120 ums will be 65/70 at max. People doing it for the first time will not have found it as easy as the retakers :wink:
**** ! thats what i did! :redface: how many marks do you think we would lose? considering it was 2 marks? if im correct?
Original post by spleenharvester
Damn it I think I did that but accidentally put 4.5x10^-3 into my calculator! Argh I swear half my lost marks are for being a muppet with the calculator :frown:
haha init this Cambridge girls off her trolley!
Original post by .raiden.
The highest for 120ums since june09 has been 62 raw marks. I think 120 ums will be 65/70 at max. People doing it for the first time will not have found it as easy as the retakers :wink:
Reply 1772
If only I knew the volume of a sphere was on the formula sheet....
Original post by .raiden.

I don't think it will be as high as 65, have you seen the amount of people dropping marks on silly errors! This paper was littered with traps!
Cheers!

You're welcome :smile:
**** ! thats what i did! :redface: how many marks do you think we would lose? considering it was 2 marks? if im correct?

If we're lucky we might get one for rearrange it properly etc, they are generous sometimes. Ah well, whatever happened, happened :wink:
Reply 1776
I don't think it will be as high as 65, have you seen the amount of people dropping marks on silly errors! This paper was littered with traps!

Note I said max :smile:
JUST TO GET PEOPLES ATTENTION !!!

I think everyone misunderstood the last question on the paper. It was white light passing through a single slit. Look at the textbook page 202, figure 2. Apparently no one here realized it.

EDIT: It wasn't a easy question.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nich01as
Exaggeration? :P Natural Sciences (Which I'm applying for) has 4 per place.

Wow, that is a hell of a lot lower. I firmed my Bristol offer for Maths, and that had 14 places per applicant according to their website. I would only assume Oxbridge would be higher.
Perhaps Maths gets more applications?
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeap I think that would be likely. yeap thats the philosophy, nothing we can do to change the result now! :smile: hope you done well though mate, I need 120 UMS for this hopefully it will be about 61/62 :smile: made a silly mistake on this one though!
Original post by spleenharvester
If we're lucky we might get one for rearrange it properly etc, they are generous sometimes. Ah well, whatever happened, happened :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending