Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else here teetotal?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink, and everyone considers me pretty abnormal. I don't not drink for any major reason other than I simply hate the taste of alcohol! So what I was wondering was, is there anyone else out there like me??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    I don't drink, and everyone considers me pretty abnormal. I don't not drink for any major reason other than I simply hate the taste of alcohol! So what I was wondering was, is there anyone else out there like me??!
    yep me since january last year (2003)

ReputationRep:
    I used to be, now I only very occassionally drink, I don't like it, but I'm not religious about not drinking, i.e. at school dinners, or friends birthdays sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    i dont like the taste either but mine is more to do with spirituality and the responsibility of my new car

ReputationRep:
    if you hate the tast you should try those Vodka mudshakes

they taste the same as normal milkshakes in flavours such as vanilla, banana, chocolate and strawberry

they are 4% which is the same as a can of fosters and i have discovered them to be godlike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    You'd drown before you get drunk on them. Or fosters.
    But surely that's a good thing? i mean call me naive, but I can't see the attraction of going out and getting drunk, doesn't it make you feel really ill?!

ReputationRep:
    if alchol taste horrible then y do so many ppl drink it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    But surely that's a good thing? i mean call me naive, but I can't see the attraction of going out and getting drunk, doesn't it make you feel really ill?!
    It makes you feel knackered as well....

ReputationRep:
    You'd drown before you get drunk on them. Or fosters.
    that is true but it's a suggestion if you don't like the taste of alcohol

ReputationRep:
    i like the taste fof some alchopops but idotn drink muhc, i dont see the point. i jsut ahve coke or somethin, and i get hyper on that. i dotn see whats fun in gettin pissed coz u end up witha bad head, dodgy insides, dont really remember what ur doin etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, or any 'girl drink' really. Anything where the potent stuff has been drowned by some sort of fruit juice fiasco.

I only ever liked alcopops (when I was about 15 or so) but now I like the taste of spirits as well. (Oh, I've ALWAYS liked red wine -- white is horrid and people assume girls like it so its the only kind we get at formal hall... grrrrrr).

I drank most of a bottle of champagne once - that's the nicest drunk I've ever been. I was just being silly and giggly and remembered to drink lots of water before I went to bed.

Alcohol = social lubricant (to an extent!)

ReputationRep:
    T total doesnt mean that you dont drink alcohol, it means you dont engage in premarital sex, dont drink alcohol, and something else which I cant remember.

What I suggest you do is, go out and get drunk, and then ask again what the attraction is...like sillynarb says, these mudshakes have no taste of alcohol AT ALL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I only ever liked alcopops (when I was about 15 or so) but now I like the taste of spirits as well. (Oh, I've ALWAYS liked red wine -- white is horrid and people assume girls like it so its the only kind we get at formal hall... grrrrrr).

I drank most of a bottle of champagne once - that's the nicest drunk I've ever been. I was just being silly and giggly and remembered to drink lots of water before I went to bed.

Alcohol = social lubricant (to an extent!)
    red wine is my enemy. it knocks me out like anything, despite the fact that i can take a fair bit of alternative alchol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    T total doesnt mean that you dont drink alcohol, it means you dont engage in premarital sex, dont drink alcohol, and something else which I cant remember.

What I suggest you do is, go out and get drunk, and then ask again what the attraction is...like sillynarb says, these mudshakes have no taste of alcohol AT ALL.

OED Teetotal =. Of or pertaining to total abstinence from alcoholic drinks; pledged to, or devoted to the furtherance of, total abstinence.

Are you sure you don't mean those "STraight Edge" people who don't drink, have pre-marital sex, smoke/take drugs or drink caffinated drinks?

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, people can still go out and have just as much fun whether they drink or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    In my experience, people can still go out and have just as much fun whether they drink or not...
    Yes, but if everyone around you is drunk and elbowing you/dropping fag ash on you/stomping on you (like in a nightclub) being drunk is preferable to not being drunk. I don't like nightclubs anymore anyway, house parties are the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    OED Teetotal =. Of or pertaining to total abstinence from alcoholic drinks; pledged to, or devoted to the furtherance of, total abstinence.

Are you sure you don't mean those "STraight Edge" people who don't drink, have pre-marital sex, smoke/take drugs or drink caffinated drinks?
    Yeh thats what I meant, my bad

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the last time I got drunk was way back in June, at an afterparty. It was good fun though.

ReputationRep:
    Not if you get 'nicely drunk'.
    Its a shame teenagers have an obsession with binge drinking now, and getting 'nicely drunk' is something only I seem to do. I can't drink loads because of long term antibiotics, but even if I didn't take them I wouldn't.

Booze is bloody expensive, and if you can't remember what happened you've nothing to show for it. Its also a depressant, and if you listen to the same sort of music as I do. Well...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.