Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I couldn't really find the he nursing thread, but I have a few questions about it and hoping someone could answer them for me. I've failed my a levels twice.. And I've started looking at access to nursing courses. This can still get me into undergrad nursing depending on the credits I get right? Also, I read that I may need to take an exam before they accept me can someone please explain what kind of exam it is.
    Thank you for reading this in advance

ReputationRep:
    You'll be able to get into uni if you get the grades required from access though you may be questioned as to why you're doing access if you've only just done a levels. Some unis have literacy and or numeracy tests pre-interview which test your basic skills.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thank you! I've done two years.. But taken a year out to look for work

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I was in a similar position as I did not do well at my a levels so decided to do an access to nursing course Im only 21 so still quite young. It will get you on to a nursing course but work experience is also wanted to give you the best shot.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! That's amazing!! Did you have work exp before you applied to the access course? I was thinking of doing some befriending work exp in a care home. I'm 19 atm, but not quite sure if access is for more older people. How was the course? I heard it very challenging? Do you have any tips you could give me for the interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.