Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone had an interview for the 2013 intake, adult nursing?..Any tips!? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.. I do not have any tips for your interview but I reccommend that all new (Nursing) students join UNISON, either prior to starting university or alternatively UNISON will be attending your induction. All the best.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had an interview at Sheffield Hallam in Feb. Don't worry I loved the feel to the place and everyone was so friendly compared to other places. You wait in the cafeteria where you can talk to all the other students. The day started with a presentation about the uni and course in a lecture theatre. then we was split up into groups to do the group activity which involved a group of 5 people and we had to build a tower out of newspaper without rolling it to hold a golf ball (this was actually quite fun) whilst people was watching how you worked in a group. very relaxed, just ensure you stand out and show teamwork and interact with the others and put your own thoughts across. We then had to watch a video about a man who had a brain tumour, we then headed back to the cafeteria to wait for individual interviews. The individual interview was fine only lasted around 5 minutes, she asked questions about the video we watched and was asked what I though of it and what I would do to help. She asked me questions like why I wanted to be a nice what qualities I have to bring to nursing, issues in healthcare at the moment (read some articles). that's about it really, was pretty straight forward and relaxed and I actually enjoyed the whole experience. My tip would to be to write down a few questions and the answers to the questions and highlight main areas to take with you to interview so you can scan through them whilst you are waiting. Hope this helped and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much that's a huge help! good luck too (:

ReputationRep:
    Can't give you any direct tips for the interview, but as a long term qualified nurse who sees an awful lot of students - I would say that the most important qualities to be a nurse are empathy and listening skills. Being calm in a crisis as well. I have seen nurses and doctors go to pieces at the sight of blood/vomit/heart attacks - not good.

I don't know when you do your maths test - but make sure you can do calculations - it is so important and a lot of potential students fail in this area. Good luck.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.