Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how much revision and when did you start revising for A2 exams? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi i have 6 A2 exams in june and havent started revision yet? is it really late?
    I've applied for medicine and have A2 exams in biol4 and biol 5, chem4 and chem 5 and 2 history papers!

how many hours are people doing a day and when did you start?

do you think it's possible for me to get all A's if i start proper revision now?
    im sitting on an A for history and got B's in the jan modules for bio and chem so resitting

also any tips on how to best revise would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I started revision for my January exams in October, spending around 2 and a half hours on each subject a day. I came out with E's a D's so its not really the quantity of revision you do its answering in a way that the exam board wants.

ReputationRep:
    please anyone else???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    please anyone else???
    I haven't properly started revision yet and I'm quite worried because I want to have good grades and my friends are probably doing 10 hours revision a day. I've also got a backlog of work from last term that I've been putting off.

ReputationRep:
    I started revising for my January exams when I got back from the Christmas holidays and did an hour or two a day. Ultimately it comes down to the individual.

One of my friends did no maths revision at all for C3 and C4 (did them both in January) and he got 100% raw marks in both of them. Another one of my friends started revising for C3 months before the exam and he came out with a mid C.

None of us can answer your question because it comes down to how much revision you personally need and how effective your revision is. It is definitely possible for you to get all As though.

ReputationRep:
    I've started revision but it's not properly intense - i'm just going over stuff and looking at what the exam boards want. In january I did loads of revision for biology but came out with a C because I didn't word my answers how AQA wanted :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm just starting revision now - just putting everything into post-its and spending about 90 mins a day on it max. But in January I did minimal revision and got ABB. It is about how you answer the questions - I did ton of revision last summer for psychology and got a D, did minimal revision but knew what was coming, and how the exam board wanted it answered, in my resit and got a B.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is more effective than past papers. A lot of questions repeat themselves with different context so exam technique is key. When taking notes following your board's specification can help as you know you're not missing anything important.
    Do 45 minute sessions so your concentration doesn't lapse and make a timetable. I recommend getrevising.com for this.
    It's not too late to start now, and there's no point worrying. The time to start is now!
    Good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.