Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    London is actually a great place to meet new people and make friends if you put a small amount of effort into it, just look at the success of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephperkins92)
    How about we get a group together this weekend if people are free? Could just go for drinks one evening? If you're interested just quote this or post on here and then once we've got a few people we can sort out a time and a place
    If you organize another meeting I'd love to join you! Just finished my master course in the Southampton Uni and want to make friends in London! I'm 24, Russian, live in the Docklands.

(Original post by ban.anna)
    If you organize another meeting I'd love to join you! Just finished my master course in the Southampton Uni and want to make friends in London! I'm 24, Russian, live in the Docklands.
    Im 18, gap year atm! Would love a meet up as all my friends have left for university. Just please not this weekend as I'm not available!!! But I'd love to!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there! Basically, I'm fairly new in London and I want to meet some friends but I'm having a bit of a hard time.

A bit of background story, my boyfriend recently broke up with me, and although it was long distance, I guess I relied on him quite a lot for my social interactions. I've got friends but mainly from back home and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like. I work full time and even though I've only been there for a few months I've already worked my way up a bit, but most of my colleagues are older, married and have children so although I get on with them well I don't really meet up with them outside of work.

I currently live in a shared house and although I'm on friendly terms with my housemates, they're only staying in London for a few months maximum, and the house doesn't have a living room so most stay in their bedrooms.

I'm looking for people to spend some time with. I'm looking for good friends and, without being too forward, I'd love it if I made friends good enough that some time in the future we could share a nicer flat together, instead of house sharing with people I don't know where it's fairly unsocial...I'm looking for people to make plans with for Saturday afternoons and after work. At the moment after I finish work unless on the rare occasion I am seeing friends from back home I usually just go home and hang out in my room. Which gets a bit depressing after a while. I'm making ok money now and I'd love to go out with people and enjoy my time in London, but I don't know where to start.

Sorry for the rambling message! Does anyone have any suggestions for websites and things aimed at meeting people? Most of the ones I've seen arrange huge meet ups and although I'm not too shy, I do get a bit intimidated by large numbers of people.

Thanks again for the hep!
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear about whats recently happened to you, at the end of the day you're still young and you have many more years ahead until you find someone else.

I'm from London myself and am actually looking to meet people from TSR, do you cycle as am currently doing it around Hyde Park on a Saturday!

I don't mind what you'd want to get up to but just thought I'd suggest something which may be of interest to you.

ReputationRep:
    I live in London! Gigs are a great place for meeting people, also things like volunteering/work experience. Sports clubs are also pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    How about we get a group together this weekend if people are free? Could just go for drinks one evening? If you're interested just quote this or post on here and then once we've got a few people we can sort out a time and a place
    Just seen this, I'd be up for a group meet up this weekend as thats when I can go out socially at the moment due to study and work commitments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there! Basically, I'm fairly new in London and I want to meet some friends but I'm having a bit of a hard time.

A bit of background story, my boyfriend recently broke up with me, and although it was long distance, I guess I relied on him quite a lot for my social interactions. I've got friends but mainly from back home and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like. I work full time and even though I've only been there for a few months I've already worked my way up a bit, but most of my colleagues are older, married and have children so although I get on with them well I don't really meet up with them outside of work.

I currently live in a shared house and although I'm on friendly terms with my housemates, they're only staying in London for a few months maximum, and the house doesn't have a living room so most stay in their bedrooms.

I'm looking for people to spend some time with. I'm looking for good friends and, without being too forward, I'd love it if I made friends good enough that some time in the future we could share a nicer flat together, instead of house sharing with people I don't know where it's fairly unsocial...I'm looking for people to make plans with for Saturday afternoons and after work. At the moment after I finish work unless on the rare occasion I am seeing friends from back home I usually just go home and hang out in my room. Which gets a bit depressing after a while. I'm making ok money now and I'd love to go out with people and enjoy my time in London, but I don't know where to start.

Sorry for the rambling message! Does anyone have any suggestions for websites and things aimed at meeting people? Most of the ones I've seen arrange huge meet ups and although I'm not too shy, I do get a bit intimidated by large numbers of people.

Thanks again for the hep!
    Not very practical to look for friends by going anon.
    I also live in the East.

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit busy this month but I am game for any meeting next month.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya if theres any more meet ups...I'd be interested! 23 just started uni in London but not got to know many people yet... nice to know there are others in the same boat and I'm not the only one lol x
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'd be fine meeting up with randomer TSRers and getting to know you guys. Have lived here in London all my life and just started a 2nd year at Uni so I'm up for meeting whenever :P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like great idea, i work in a club in brixton on friday n saturdays, but another night is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Defo! But not this weekend as im unavailable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ban.anna)
    (Original post by John_moss_93)
    Just seen this, I'd be up for a group meet up this weekend as thats when I can go out socially at the moment due to study and work commitments.
    (Original post by pinkglitterx)
    Hiya if theres any more meet ups...I'd be interested! 23 just started uni in London but not got to know many people yet... nice to know there are others in the same boat and I'm not the only one lol x
    (Original post by DivinityA)
    I'd be fine meeting up with randomer TSRers and getting to know you guys. Have lived here in London all my life and just started a 2nd year at Uni so I'm up for meeting whenever :P
    (Original post by silvia748)
    Sounds like great idea, i work in a club in brixton on friday n saturdays, but another night is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Agata)
    Defo! But not this weekend as im unavailable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey this is looking pretty good! Loads of interest! Just wondering what the best way to do this is because posts can kind of get lost on this page. If you're interested maybe the easiest way to organise this is if you send me a private message then I'll add you on Facebook and we can create a closed group to discuss a time and a place to meet up... Or if you don't want to do that we can always attempt to organise something on here.

I'm totally free this weekend so any time/place is good. Agata, don't worry if you're not free this weekend I'm keen to organise a few of them if people are still interested.

Hey this is looking pretty good! Loads of interest! Just wondering what the best way to do this is because posts can kind of get lost on this page. If you're interested maybe the easiest way to organise this is if you send me a private message then I'll add you on Facebook and we can create a closed group to discuss a time and a place to meet up... Or if you don't want to do that we can always attempt to organise something on here.

I'm totally free this weekend so any time/place is good. Agata, don't worry if you're not free this weekend I'm keen to organise a few of them if people are still interested.
    Facebook page sounds good to me, I'd be happy to do that seeing as I'll meet you guys anyway I'm free this weekend but for about 8pm on Sunday which would probably be a bit useless

ReputationRep:
    I'm still up for a TSR meet up tomorrow evening in London. Who else is up for it?

Hey! I'm lucine,I live in London. Have done for most of my life, would love to meet some TSRers. I'm definitely up for that

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm lucine,I live in London. Have done for most of my life, would love to meet some TSRers. I'm definitely up for that http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/7.11/i...lies/smile.png

Don't know why my above post came out as anon I didn't make it that way...ah well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Hey! I'm lucine,I live in London. Have done for most of my life, would love to meet some TSRers. I'm definitely up for that http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/7.11/i...lies/smile.png

Don't know why my above post came out as anon I didn't make it that way...ah well

Just sent you a message Lucine!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so we've now got a Facebook group set up! If you want me to add you to the group just send me a private message on here.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I forgot about this thread. Sent off a PM for the FB group, still interested in meeting whoever whenever o/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2015
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.