The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do they care about how you wrote your answer when the pencil icon isn't present?
My collagen answer was a mess. It was basically a list which I kept adding to each time I went through the paper :tongue:
Reply 2121
Original post by Dariush.
im dead LOL

haha :smile:

Yeah but it didn't specifically ask for it today? I just put it in anyway
Original post by ThePremierLeague

i put B and C is this correct??

Same.... But then I crossed it put and put A last minute. *face palm*
I hate it when I do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liberty.
Do they care about how you wrote your answer when the pencil icon isn't present?
My collagen answer was a mess. It was basically a list which I kept adding to each time I went through the paper :tongue:

Haha! Exactly what I did- well initially I described cellulose. Then I realised what I did- simultaneously my brain farted and completely forgot what collage was! Panicked for 3 minutes and moved on... *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2125
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/tuberculosis/understanding/pages/cause.aspx
Tuberculosis is caused by the infectious agent known as Mycobacterium tuberculosis
For the very last question, some people were saying it was something to do with speciation? How? I thought that took thousands of years in animals anyway ( I know shorter for bacteria due to fast reproductive cycle), but I put about microscopes not being invented and it was too small to be seen.
Guys check the june 2011 paper, they had a 6 mark question on haemoglobin, where they gave marks for mentioning hydrogen bonds and talking about tertiary structure, will it be the same in this case?
For the collagen one with the differences with Haemoglobin is this okay?
Collagen contains a left handed helix. Haemoglobin contains an alpha helix's.
Collagen mainly comprised on the amino acid Glyciene (35%). Haemoglobin has a variety of amino acids.
Collagen has 3 tertiary subunits. Haemoglobin had 4 tertiary subunits.

For the structure of Collagen I didnt talk about Primary and stuff but I said:
Left handed helix. Three subunits. cross links with covalent bonds, Hydrogen bonds, fibrous, mainly consists of glyceine, peptide bonds between amino acids in the chains. (IS THIS OKAY? PANICKING LIKE HELLLL)
Reply 2129
also i for some reason wrote cytosine as cystine D: doh! too many similar word in biology :frown:
I can't believe I answered the last Q as if the water bear was a real size bear -_-
Original post by reemaisthinking
Haha! Exactly what I did- well initially I described cellulose. Then I realised what I did- simultaneously my brain farted and completely forgot what collage was! Panicked for 3 minutes and moved on... *fingers crossed*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was sosososo lucky that I looked over it just before entering the exam. Still didn't even get probably half the marks though :tongue:
I suspect lots of brain farts tomorrow, in Chemistryy!
Original post by cyiarik
thats what i wrote, i think 300 years is too short a time for speciation to occur

Of course it is not. Speciation can happen over a matter of years, not 100s of years.
Reply 2133
Original post by MrMeep2580
For the collagen one with the differences with Haemoglobin is this okay?
Collagen contains a left handed helix. Haemoglobin contains an alpha helix's.
Collagen mainly comprised on the amino acid Glyciene (35%). Haemoglobin has a variety of amino acids.
Collagen has 3 tertiary subunits. Haemoglobin had 4 tertiary subunits.

For the structure of Collagen I didnt talk about Primary and stuff but I said:
Left handed helix. Three subunits. cross links with covalent bonds, Hydrogen bonds, fibrous, mainly consists of glyceine, peptide bonds between amino acids in the chains. (IS THIS OKAY? PANICKING LIKE HELLLL)

yep i think thats all good :smile:
I bet the chemistry OCR f322 paper is going to be vile tomorrow :P I'm bricking it.
Reply 2135
Original post by LostPlanet2Luke
Of course it is not. Speciation can happen over a matter of years, not 100s of years.

whoops my bad :rolleyes:
Original post by cyiarik
yep i think thats all good :smile:

you sir have made my day :biggrin: I made some silly mistakes but only in like 1 mark questions so move on a forward now f215 to do. BLEH. NEED AN A TO GET INTO UNI D:
Reply 2137
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this? I didn't think it was too bad but a lot of my friends thought it was really hard so hopefully grade boundaries won't be too high :smile:
Original post by Rectifydude
Guys check the june 2011 paper, they had a 6 mark question on haemoglobin, where they gave marks for mentioning hydrogen bonds and talking about tertiary structure, will it be the same in this case?

Well the thing is collagen doesn't have a tertiary structure as such. It doesn't have any ionic or disulfide bonds or anything and doesn't undergo additional folding. So unless they want us to start saying what isn't there then I don't see why you need to do it :smile:

Original post by LostPlanet2Luke
I can't believe I answered the last Q as if the water bear was a real size bear -_-

You should actually still get the right answers!
Reply 2139
Last question. Microscope topic is in unit 1. So I thought it made more sense to talk about speciation and evolution because that whole section was about biodiversity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending