Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlockedd)
    It is so true, and it gets worse at A2 :L
    just did an f212 paper ekkkk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    just did an f212 paper ekkkk
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?
    86%

I don't know if this is good or bad considering I have did it before and the exam is in a month

It's my first paper without a textbook

ReputationRep:
    86%

I don't know if this is good or bad considering I have did it before and the exam is in a month

well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _JC95)
    well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wooww yay

ReputationRep:
    86%

That's good! Keep up the hard work and you'll be fiiiiine

ReputationRep:
    That's good! Keep up the hard work and you'll be fiiiiine
    thanks so much for the encouragement!

From now on in under no circumstances will I be allowed to look at notes while doing a past paper

hows your revision coming along?

ReputationRep:
    how is revision going for everyone? what are people finding the hardest/easiest?

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much for the encouragement!

From now on in under no circumstances will I be allowed to look at notes while doing a past paper

hows your revision coming along?
    It's ok, haven't done any pp's yet but tbh most of it just seems like common sense now that I'm looking back at it :L

ReputationRep:
    the mark schemes are too specific - its not testing our understanding and knowledge of biology its testing our ability to learn previous mark schemes and be really specific. I managed on average 78/100 and we still havent done evolution/conservastion...

ReputationRep:
    I am to grips with the biodiversity module now, just need to keep up to scratch with the evolution parts of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kited4)
    the mark schemes are too specific - its not testing our understanding and knowledge of biology its testing our ability to learn previous mark schemes and be really specific. I managed on average 78/100 and we still havent done evolution/conservastion...
    So true

This really irritates me

I know the spec inside out but yet I will probably not get an A due to not being an obedient little rote learner

I refuse to rote learn.. These people who sit down and rote learn definitions really fry me

Peace out.

ReputationRep:
    So true

This really irritates me

I know the spec inside out but yet I will probably not get an A due to not being an obedient little rote learner

I refuse to rote learn.. These people who sit down and rote learn definitions really fry me

Peace out.
    It's really stupid how it's marked, you can know everything but still get like 2/7 on a question. Makes me irate

ReputationRep:
    When I try to do a paper, I can't do half of things. It is horrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    When I try to do a paper, I can't do half of things. It is horrid.
    yea I know, If I can get a low A I'll be so happy..I am definitely not taking Biology to A2- no way.

ReputationRep:
    yea I know, If I can get a low A I'll be so happy..I am definitely not taking Biology to A2- no way.
    Well, I'd rather get at least a decent A. But same! I'm not going to do Biology next year. I just find it increasingly boring.

ReputationRep:
    Sooo.. I just got \frac{87}{100} in an F212 paper without a book.

June 2011.

\frac{73}{100} for an A in it according to the OCR website.

I don't know if I should be pleased or not This was my first paper without using a textbook. However, I have done the paper before.. that slightly depresses me.

What do you guys think?
    I swear 85-88 is equivalent to full UMS most of the time...so yeah..i'd be pretty darn happy if i were you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Well, I'd rather get at least a decent A. But same! I'm not going to do Biology next year. I just find it increasingly boring.
    It's a ****e subject

nuff said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    I swear 85-88 is equivalent to full UMS most of the time...so yeah..i'd be pretty darn happy if i were you
    wow awesome

Hopefully I'll pull that off on the day then xD

ReputationRep:
    wow awesome

Hopefully I'll pull that off on the day then xD
    wish i was in your position already ahaha! i've focused too much on chemistry and neglected biology a little good luck though, sounds like you'll boss it

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.