The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by own
Oh, shame more unlikely now, but its a easy question for a lot of marks xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's still possible :smile: I'd much prefer that than some 7 mark question on an experiment for a reducing sugar :rolleyes:
Reply 761
Right done all of the past papers now I'm trying to determine what could possibly come up tomorrow..anyone wanna give me an insight?
What do you guys think will come up? :smile:
Original post by MedMed12
but about kidney is A2 stuff :wink:
so you didnt need to know it to get the marks but it may be on the markscheme

No it was in the F212 question in the book :smile:
Any one else praying that there is minimal biodiversity etc in the paper?
Reply 764
Original post by Sam_1996
-set up 5 soloutions each with different concentrations of glucose.
-each soloutions should have the same volume of glucose and same volume of Benedicts soloution.
-have excess Benedicts soloution
-Add all 5 soloutions to a water bath at 80 degrees and keep them in there for 10 mins
-soloution will change from blue to red with reducing sugars
-remove the soloutions and filter out the precipitate
-then add each soloution into a colorimeter and measure the transmission
-measure transmission of water as a contrast
-a greater transmission means a greater concentration of reducing sugar.

Well done, full marks :smile:
Question for anyone to answer

What is meant by the term 'High Specific Heat Capacity' in water [3 Marks]
Reply 766
Original post by otrivine

Really? What the hell.
Original post by Munrot07
Also you can't mention anything about day 31, you have no idea what day the secondary response will occur, what if the person isn't infected again for 50 days after the original infection

I said example in my answer
Reply 768
Original post by LaughingGas

It means that a lot of energy is needed to raise the temperature of water by 1°C.
This is due to the many hydrogen bonds between molecules.
It results in a small variation in temperature which is good as changes in temperature affect enzyme activity. Therefore, water is a stable environment for aquatic organisms.
Whoever has done all/most of the past papers which topics do you think will come up? Thanks
Reply 770
Original post by g.k.galloway

Yes. I wish it was really simple stuff like comparing continuous and discontinuous variation. And maybe something to do with calculating simpson's diversity index and commenting on it. That'd be great :biggrin:
Reply 771
Original post by g.k.galloway

Yes- if you go and do the may 2011 paper I think it was that I did last night- that was like so much biodiversity and it was super hard :frown:
Reply 772
Original post by LaughingGas

SPECIFIC HEAT CAPACITY:
The amount of heat/thermal m energy required to raise the temperature of a body per unit of mass.
In terms of water molecules, the hydrogens bonds obtain high heat capacities as it takes a load of energy to break these bonds.
If less energy is available in context, this will increase the temperature of the water molecules which stop rapid changes in temperature thus become more stable.

:biggrin::wink::smile:
I have never seen a 'define' question on this, so I thought I'd explain a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 773
do you guys think it's gonna be hard/easy tomorrow
Original post by otrivine

oh :s-smilie: were there any other marking points?
it might have been though -I saw some stuff on apoptosis on a mark scheme too - but it was alongside other points
Original post by Gotzz
Yes. I wish it was really simple stuff like comparing continuous and discontinuous variation. And maybe something to do with calculating simpson's diversity index and commenting on it. That'd be great :biggrin:

Same :smile:
Do we need to know the equation off hand?
Why might a vaccine not work if a pathogen is eukaryotic ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 777
Can someone distinguish between herd vaccination and ring vaccination? They sounds the same where they just vaccinate a population :colondollar: help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedMed12
oh :s-smilie: were there any other marking points?
it might have been though -I saw some stuff on apoptosis on a mark scheme too - but it was alongside other points

Yes, those the ones I said was the answer, but for you is fine! Use your A2 knowledge as well then the examiners would be very impressed with the quality of your answers :wink:
I'm so excited for this exam! Pretty confident on everything, just need to skim over evolution, food production and maybe food tests. Eek only 22 hours and 36 minutes :biggrin:!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending