Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    Collagen asked for structure and since it's a protein you have to mention about secondary structure, teitary structure and quaternary structure, so just mentioning the Quater features won't get the 6 marks

The same question came up the others past papers asking for structure of haemoglobin, and you had mention what I said about Collagen to get all marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Looking at it what you've said makes much more sense :/ but I said that they should selectively breed plants from different areas/ try and prevent inbreeding ie. the wild south american potatoes with the Irish ones to increase genetic diversity and ultimately broaden the gene pool so there was a greater chance of a genetic mutation of disease resistance occurring :/ it made sense at the time
    This actually sounds better! I think this is what they were getting at and is most lilely to be on the markscheme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_1996)
    If you put 5 answers for a 3 mark question.3 are right,2 are wrong and you don't contradict yourself at all,do you get all 3 marks?
    If it asked for 3 reasons in the question. They take your incorrect answers. If it didn't, they mark positively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_1996)
    Could you put polypeptide?
    They'd probably allow both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was 3 hydrogen bonds for bases C and G and 2 for T right ? Adamant that question fooled people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking these post after an exam always depresses me I lost so many marks nonononono

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh7171)
    What did people put for the very first question about the sequence of amino acids?
    Polypeptide? I don't know. I felt stupid when I couldn't answer the first question in paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayess67)
    For the 7 mark phagocyte question, it said describe how pathogens are destroyed AFTER the antigens are presented on the phagocyte cell surface. So surely this question was requiring you to talk about the cell-mediated response and T lymphocytes differentiating into T killer cells and secreting H2O2 into infected cells? I wrote about phagocytosis too just in case
    I did the same thing. I thought the question was just asking about phagocytosis but when I wrote about that it only came up to about 4 lines so I added about the immune response too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Collagen asked for structure and since it's a protein you have to mention about secondary structure, teitary structure and quaternary structure, so just mentioning the Quater features won't get the 6 marks

The same question came up the others past papers asking for structure of haemoglobin, and you had mention what I said about Collagen to get all marks
    Phew that's what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did people write about phagocytes and tissue fluid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    What was the answer for the question underneath the hydrogen bond dna structure where you had to fill in the gaps? I put ribosome and polypeptide...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    even if you contradict yourself you can get some marks if you wrote both opposing statements in a seperate line hence why always do bullet points- tip from my teacher
    Not if they ask for 3 reasons and you give five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    I put amino acid and ribosome

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    It was 3 hydrogen bonds for bases C and G and 2 for T right ? Adamant that question fooled people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I put that. I know alot of people in our exam just put 1 h-bond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1brown)
    Phew that's what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's how exactly like I perceived that question!!! Woo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Polypeptide and protein are perfectly acceptable. There is no need to put the primary structure, but it's acceptable as it literally does code for the primary structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbakrak)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When there is an infection macrophages release histamine which makes the capillary walls more permeable/leaky, so they can move easily through the pores out of the blood and into the tissues. I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_1995)
    I did the same thing. I thought the question was just asking about phagocytosis but when I wrote about that it only came up to about 4 lines so I added about the immune response too.
    I thought it said after the bacterial pathogen has binded to the receptors on the phagocyte...so i only wrote about phagocytosis...anyone got a copy of the paper :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbakrak)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too small and passes through the lymph nodes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's right

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.