Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PLEASE help me remember this 90' childs film/programme!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone this is my first post so be kind!

this has literally been bugging me for YEARS! and wondered if you could help.

back in the 90's there was either this film of tv show (cant remember which) and it was about a young boy and his granddad and the granddad always used to make the boy eat some kind of cereal in the morning, looked like bran flakes. then one day a tree started growing out of the boy and it had golden apples. so the granddad tried eating the cereal to get the same thing..

sorry its such a brief description i only remember bits of it and no one i know knows what on earth im talking about so pleaseeeee make me sain again. ive literally been googleing it on and off for the past few years.

hopefully you wonderful lot can help,
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hello :-) I tried remembering but have no inkling and I tried googling no inkling either I'm going to ask around and then get back to you, it's starting to nag me now and I have no idea what your on about!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I can't help you but I have the same question! Does anybody remember a children's tv programme, on in the mornings 6am-8am ish, where a girl had friends that were monsters? I think she got 'special balls' in her cereals and if put into water then they turned into these monsters! Sorry this sounds so vague and silly haha

Edit: probably from around somewhere in between 99-03

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys remember what channels?

ReputationRep:
    Either bbc1, itv or channel 5 I think! Definitely not a sky channel or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve1795)
    Either bbc1, itv or channel 5 I think! Definitely not a sky channel or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sky etc. wasnt around back then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After googling, the programme that I was thinking of is called 'Happy Monsters'!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    same i think my show must have been on bbc1 itv channel 5! i seriously cant believe no one remembers it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.