The Student Room Group

Do people ever text someone they like 'by mistake' just to get there attention?

A guy from my uni, who I'm good friends with, has text me in the last month around 3 times accidently, the texts were meant for his male friends. I'm just wondering if this is common or if he might just be trying to get me to text him? Could definitely be reading too much into it, but I just find it strange that you could mistake a girl for a guy, and more than once. Maybe he's just a bit dense when it comes to texting lol!
Reply 1
It could be that he was drunk etc but the fact he's done it three times is pretty suspect. I don't think you're reading too much into it
Reply 2
I text the wrong people sometimes when tired or drunk but I never do it deliberately to get someone's attention because I'm not 10 years old.

You know the guy better than anyone here. Is he a big faggy man child?

Not sure how the gender of the 'mistaken' person/intended person matters given that some names are the same for both gender, or very similar.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Soph.Jade
It could be that he was drunk etc but the fact he's done it three times is pretty suspect. I don't think you're reading too much into it

It's usually in the daytime, but I don't know. I do quite like him and we'll be going on a holiday with some other friends soon but we've nearly finished uni now anyway for good so it seems pointless to try and start anything now, shame though :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by concubine
I text the wrong people sometimes when tired or drunk but I never do it deliberately to get someone's attention because I'm not 10 years old.

Not sure how the gender of the 'mistaken' person/intended person matters given that some names are the same for both gender, or very similar.

He's never had a proper girlfriend before, so I could imagine him doing stuff like this even though it does sound highly immature! My name is definitely not close to a guy's name, but yeah maybe.
Reply 5
Original post by concubine

Best thing i've read all day
Reply 6
Clicked the wrong person in "Recent contacts" a few times
Had a great one once when I was meant to text my dad to pick me up by saying that "It's over" but went to the wrong person...
That one got me in trouble... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending