Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophtommo)
    Provisional Government and how Stalin got to power ~~ they were the dream questions for me!!! 😍🙌

Here's hoping I got my A to do history at a Russell Group Uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it was a really nice exam! Same, if not I am definitely resitting. Although apparently because it was an 'easy' exam the grade boundaries are going up:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharif Chowdhury)
    I'm doing that one too, how are you structuring your revision?
    OMG!!!! i finally find someone who is doing that.....i really do not know, like unit1 history i loved it and knew how to revised that but i seriously do not know how to revise this

ReputationRep:
    I got a B for Unit 1 Edexcel GCE History 75 UMS... now I'm doing Unit 2 Option B2 (I think) Poverty and Public Health 1830-75, I think it comes under the British Political History title. I'm aiming for 85 UMS so it averages out to an A

I'm fine with the 20 marker, however for the 40 marker, I need some structure tips. Like do you, lets say 3 paragraphs about sources, cross reference etc and and then own knowledge? Or do people generally interweave the two? And does anybody have tips for a strong conclusion, mine are always generic because all I do is sum the previous points I made which are boring :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koolio)
    I got a B for Unit 1 Edexcel GCE History 75 UMS... now I'm doing Unit 2 Option B2 (I think) Poverty and Public Health 1830-75, I think it comes under the British Political History title. I'm aiming for 85 UMS so it averages out to an A

I'm fine with the 20 marker, however for the 40 marker, I need some structure tips. Like do you, lets say 3 paragraphs about sources, cross reference etc and and then own knowledge? Or do people generally interweave the two? And does anybody have tips for a strong conclusion, mine are always generic because all I do is sum the previous points I made which are boring :/
    See my structure on page 1 here:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...438&p=42650553

Interweave your knowledge. Aim to put in about 2-3 pieces of own knowledge each paragraph. To make your conclusions a higher grade, if the question is say "how far do sources 1 and 2 disagree with source 3..." then state which source (1 or 2) disagrees with source 3 the most, and why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    It's interesting how they are similarly themed though (around economics). Good luck though, I'm sure you'll do fine, the civil rights and tsarist russia questions went very well for me
    Good to hear

I think's what's even more interesting though is that the Stalin questions were only based on Section 1 and 2, normally there is one question from section 1-2 and 1 from section 3-4. Just shows you really do need to learn everything, no shortcuts!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Is the edexcel course for history any good? Is it rigorous, or easy? Any difference between edexcel history and OCR/ AQA?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't think anyone did the MLK/black power one. Loads of people did Korea I was one of 4 people that did Vietnam.

What did you write about? I did:
    -Human and financial costs weren't that important due to economic power of US
    -how some think that it was opposition to the war, with the invasion of Laos and cambodia, fragging and drugs. But ended.the paragraph saying it wasn't important due to Nixon's silent majority idea
    -how USA.can't win.the war due to guerilla tactics, morale of NVA and stuff. I said this was.the most important
    -Sino soviet split and how the cold war died down, and the communism vs capitalism ideological battle died, then mentioned how US public wanted to deal with domestic and not overseas issues.

I think I wrote far too much evidence in the whole essay and didn't explain why it was important, I wrote every single form of opposition and immoralities of the war regrettably. I think I definitely got a B though

What was your plan like? How'd you think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    OMG!!!! i finally find someone who is doing that.....i really do not know, like unit1 history i loved it and knew how to revised that but i seriously do not know how to revise this
    Well our teacher told us to split each monarch up into
    • The Institutions of Government - including the role of the Monarch
    • Parliament, the Privy Council and the Monarch
    • Relations between the Monarch and Parliament
    • Factions and favourites around the Monarch
    • Economic Policy
    • Religous groups and Religious policies
    • Foreign Policy

I also think I'm going to practise some 20 mark questions because I hope to get most my marks for the exam on that question

ReputationRep:
    Well our teacher told us to split each monarch up into
    • The Institutions of Government - including the role of the Monarch
    • Parliament, the Privy Council and the Monarch
    • Relations between the Monarch and Parliament
    • Factions and favourites around the Monarch
    • Economic Policy
    • Religous groups and Religious policies
    • Foreign Policy

I also think I'm going to practise some 20 mark questions because I hope to get most my marks for the exam on that question
    Oh ok thanks, btw you know the thirty years war, did it carry through to James's reign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    Oh ok thanks, btw you know the thirty years war, did it carry through to James's reign
    Yep, it was from 1618-1648. James' reign started in 1603 and ended in 1625 so he got some of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it was from 1618-1648. James' reign started in 1603 and ended in 1625 so he got some of it.
    Oh ok thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing The Changing Position of Women/ The Suffrage Question on wednesday and have any guesses as to what might come up??? Also, is it necessary to learn exact dates or do you just need to know vaguely about when they happened??

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty important you learn dates, the exam you don't necessarily need to learn it in great detail, but you have to know what it is and what its effects were, how significant it was.

Do you know what came up in January and last June? So I can focus my revision less around those topics

ReputationRep:
    I was reading through impeachment (in James's reign) and i wasnt really too sure about, what is it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Ireland 1867-1922?

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the nationalist challenge in India 1900-47?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing public health and poverty? Got any tips for how to integrate own knowledge with sources as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shabba-ranks)
    Anyone doing public health and poverty? Got any tips for how to integrate own knowledge with sources as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have to be clear on your overall argument, make sure that you use your own knowledge is able to somehow further that argument, whether your own knowledge is proving the source wrong or extending it.

ReputationRep:
    For those taking the exam relating to the Crimea, Boer and WWI, here is the past exam topics. It may give some indication to what will come up:

Attachment 217190

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you have a list of all the past paper questions for women's suffrage? I really need this, especially for the style b questions

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.