Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Broke my finger after slamming a door shut

Is there any way to reduce bruising? I've heard arnica is good, anyone tried it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)

Is there any way to reduce bruising? I've heard arnica is good, anyone tried it?
    Arnica is good, as well as Bromelain which is an anti-inflammatory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)

yup i used arnica too when i broke mine playing football; how did you manage to slam a door shut on it lol, or was it someone else (aprils fool :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    yup i used arnica too when i broke mine playing football; how did you manage to slam a door shut on it lol, or was it someone else (aprils fool :rolleyes:)
    I did it myself lol, caught my finger when I was shutting the door of a safe (which is ridiculously heavy) Not my finest moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    I did it myself lol, caught my finger when I was shutting the door of a safe (which is ridiculously heavy) Not my finest moment...
    hahaa i know i shouldn't laugh cos im quite clumsy as well...was it your writing hand?

ReputationRep:
    hahaa i know i shouldn't laugh cos im quite clumsy as well...was it your writing hand?
    yep :unimpressed: just my luck haha. I did it yesterday so I'm just wondering what else is going to go wrong this week how did you break yours playing football??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    yep :unimpressed: just my luck haha. I did it yesterday so I'm just wondering what else is going to go wrong this week how did you break yours playing football??:confused:
    hopefully for you all the bad luck was compressed into this incident :lol:
    how is it looking now?

well it was 5-a-side football and i was in goal without gloves on; you can pretty much guess what happened next

ReputationRep:
    I got a bump on the head which developed into a black eye a couple of months ago. Most embarrassing. Initially the advice was to apply ice to reduce swelling, but after a few days, the advice changes to applying heat in order to open the blood vessels to allow the blood to flow away from the area. Maybe worth a try? But unfortunately I suspect in reality you just need to give it time.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully for you all the bad luck was compressed into this incident :lol:
    how is it looking now?

well it was 5-a-side football and i was in goal without gloves on; you can pretty much guess what happened next
    fingers crossed lol swollen and a lovely blue/purple colour lmao. so attractive...

:facepalm: clever... was trying to work out how you hurt your finger playing football lol. shows how much attention I pay to sport haha

haha just saw your message. September, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    fingers crossed lol swollen and a lovely blue/purple colour lmao. so attractive...

:facepalm: clever... was trying to work out how you hurt your finger playing football lol. shows how much attention I pay to sport haha

haha just saw your message. September, how about you?
    :sexface: is all i gotta say

i know, i know but i hardly ever wear gloves when in goal tbh (and this was a few years back now) and even now i dont wear em (i bet something happens next time i play now lol)

just about august

ReputationRep:
    :sexface: is all i gotta say

i know, i know but i hardly ever wear gloves when in goal tbh (and this was a few years back now) and even now i dont wear em (i bet something happens next time i play now lol)

just about august

you're mad. if i saw someone about to kick a ball towards me I would duck and run away (probably screaming lol) not try and catch it :eek:

yeah you've cursed it now. couple of years ago i was gloating to my friend about how i'd never hurt myself playing sport, next day i ended up with a Bennett's fracture after someone tripped me when playing lacrosse. wasn't impressed but i guess it serves me right just have to be extra careful next time lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)

you're mad. if i saw someone about to kick a ball towards me I would duck and run away (probably screaming lol) not try and catch it :eek:

yeah you've cursed it now. couple of years ago i was gloating to my friend about how i'd never hurt myself playing sport, next day i ended up with a Bennett's fracture after someone tripped me when playing lacrosse. wasn't impressed but i guess it serves me right just have to be extra careful next time lol
    hahaa one of the many differences betweel girls and boys :lol:

ohhh ouch that sounds painful, but lacrosse ehh, never knew anyone who has played that before (or they havent told me yet lol)...how is that?
    and ik, prolly will fake some injury beforehand so i dont have to go in goal

ReputationRep:
    there aren't enough words in the english language to fully express how much i hate lacrosse lol
    feel like a right idiot running up and down cradling a ball in your lacrosse stick or scooping it off the ground :/ playing against guys was always the worst they always just run AT you and ignore the ball :eek:

it seems to be one of those sports that everyones heard of but never played. pretty much everyone immediately says- you went to private school right? yep. bet your school had an equestrian team haha. yep. they made you learn latin didn't they?! yep.

faking an injury sounds like a seriously good idea after this discussion :L fingers crossed you survive your next game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    there aren't enough words in the english language to fully express how much i hate lacrosse lol
    feel like a right idiot running up and down cradling a ball in your lacrosse stick or scooping it off the ground :/ playing against guys was always the worst they always just run AT you and ignore the ball :eek:

it seems to be one of those sports that everyones heard of but never played. pretty much everyone immediately says- you went to private school right? yep. bet your school had an equestrian team haha. yep. they made you learn latin didn't they?! yep.

faking an injury sounds like a seriously good idea after this discussion :L fingers crossed you survive your next game
    hahaa nahh i bet you look really cool...i mean just look at this:
    Name:  20080309_Virginia_Princeton_Lacrosse_sm_0436.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  75.8 KB
    hahaa aight i take that back; looks like they are running with 2 mops :lol:
    lmfao, you know latin, thats pretty cool (dunno where you would use it but still )

ha it does doesn't it...and yhh hopefully i do, i'll let you know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    hahaa nahh i bet you look really cool...i mean just look at this:
    Name:  20080309_Virginia_Princeton_Lacrosse_sm_0436.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  75.8 KB
    hahaa aight i take that back; looks like they are running with 2 mops :lol:
    lmfao, you know latin, thats pretty cool (dunno where you would use it but still )

ha it does doesn't it...and yhh hopefully i do, i'll let you know how it goes
    :laugh: 2 mops?! first time I've heard anyone say that, but yeah I guess you're right lol.
    I don't remember much latin now, why it was a compulsory subject I have no idea... :dontknow:
    really hoping you don't get hurt now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    :laugh: 2 mops?! first time I've heard anyone say that, but yeah I guess you're right lol.
    I don't remember much latin now, why it was a compulsory subject I have no idea... :dontknow:
    really hoping you don't get hurt now haha
    lol really, but you see where im comin from :rolleyes:
    yhh a bit ridiculous forcing it upon students; speak any other languages?

hahaa well just got news that its on next tuesday, soooo if i get hurt ill blame you

ReputationRep:
    lol really, but you see where im comin from :rolleyes:
    yhh a bit ridiculous forcing it upon students; speak any other languages?

hahaa well just got news that its on next tuesday, soooo if i get hurt ill blame you
    not really, learnt Spanish at school but can't remember any of it know a couple of words/phrases in dutch, French, polish, Swahili, Italian. really wish I could speak at least one of them at a decent level :/ need to find myself a teacher lol. how about you?

haha yeah just blame it on some random girl online... you wont sound nuts or anything :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    not really, learnt Spanish at school but can't remember any of it know a couple of words/phrases in dutch, French, polish, Swahili, Italian. really wish I could speak at least one of them at a decent level :/ need to find myself a teacher lol. how about you?

haha yeah just blame it on some random girl online... you wont sound nuts or anything :P
    ahh cool, same here learnt french at school, all but forgotten it now...can speak urdu and punjabi though and understand some arabic but really realllly want to learn spanish (love their culture + going there this summer )

'random', here i thought we were becoming friends :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool, same here learnt french at school, all but forgotten it now...can speak urdu and punjabi though and understand some arabic but really realllly want to learn spanish (love their culture + going there this summer )

'random', here i thought we were becoming friends :getmecoat:
    that's cool. where abouts are you going in summer?

haha ok....

"yeah just blame it on some random girl friend online... you wont sound nuts or anything :P"
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlrxx)
    that's cool. where abouts are you going in summer?

haha ok....

"yeah just blame it on some random girl friend online... you wont sound nuts or anything :P"
    :hugs:
    well its my family and a friends family and we are tryin to get a villa for a week near malaga (quite close to the beach)
    u been to spain (or any other holiday places for that matter?)

hahaa yayyy fwwiends :five:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.