The Student Room Group

ENGB3 AQA 3rd June 2013

Scroll to see replies

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by Jade10128
Not me...never works for me lmao. I'm always unsure what to do a day before the exam - especially as we have all morning tomorrow. Today I just made notes on my CLA back up topic (reading) and went over some things I felt unsure with in language change. How much are you planning to write for each? I normally only manage about 3 pages for each :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only manage to write about three pages aswell, but CLA is my weak point and I'm scared I'll probably waffle on! Just hoping for a speaking transcript between a caregiver and child. It's the main thing I've really been revising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Good Luck guys..!! :smile:)
Reply 143
Doing this today... good luck everyone! Hopefully it'll be a nice paper -___-;
Good luck everyone! Praying for a decent literacy question, haven't revised speaking!
Reply 145
Good luck everyone! X
:eek::angry::mad:
uuggghhh
Reply 147
Loved the Boston 1770 question. Lelia text A was wtf though.
Did Leila and the ofsted question. Though Leila was confusing and the ofsted one was ok. Don't think i've done well at all
Loved the acquisition (did the Cotton Mill report), though I'm not sure I wrote enough! Did the Ofsted reports for part B and wanted to shout in frustration by the end of it! I just didn't know what to write! Verdict: Part A, loved it. Part B, hated it.

How did you structure them? Part B was a complete free-for-all for me!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 150
I did the 1770 as I thought comparing two 20th century texts would be horrendous with little comparisons.
Then I did Leila which was so much (almost too much) to write about.
I feel alright about it, lang change was such a blag though lmao.
What theories did people put in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Liked acquisition (question 1) but Language change was horrible! Realised in the Ofsted one that there was little to say:/
I did the Leila one for CLA and it was really good but picked the Ofsted reports for change and regretted it halfway through. There definitely wasn't enough to write about :frown: hoping I haven't done as bad as I think
Reply 153
That was bad :frown:
Reply 154
Hey Guys!

Did Lizzie which is question 2 for CLA.. talked about:
1. genre, audience, purpose, said it was in the preparation stage of Kroll, Britton's- mainly expressive style of writing revealing personal conventions and activities.
2. grammar- we/our- inclusive pronouns therefore aware of genre. concrete nouns only- talked about Piaget here saying that she doesn't understand abstracts that is why she hasn't used them, declarative sentences, lack of subjunctive/coordinative conjunction, homophones, lack of adjectives, correc utilisation on past tense like we saw- irregular past tense verbs- Brown..
3. Spelling- most are correctly spelt- phonologically viable, some errors like transposition, omission, insertion (because of the dialect maybe) and so on..

How is that? :smile:
I did the Leila and Boston texts. Not confident at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
How did people find question 3, the testimony from the boston massacre? Could only find a few points to talk about? Can anybody tell me what they wrote?
I did the Leila question (speaking) for language acquisition but I couldn't even choose a language change question for ages because they both looked so horrible! In the end I chose the 1770 one and I came up with a few things to say, I just hope I've done enough. I suppose literally anything could come up in the language change section so no matter how much revision anyone does, no one can ever be fully prepared!
Reply 158
Original post by dreadpiraterach
I did the Leila question (speaking) for language acquisition but I couldn't even choose a language change question for ages because they both looked so horrible! In the end I chose the 1770 one and I came up with a few things to say, I just hope I've done enough. I suppose literally anything could come up in the language change section so no matter how much revision anyone does, no one can ever be fully prepared!

I had exactly the same problem for change! I just couldn't decide which text and I kept changing my mind which ended up with me loosing time and panicking. I did the 1770 text too, what points did you make about it?
Reply 159
Original post by Thatstudentdude
Loved the acquisition (did the Cotton Mill report), though I'm not sure I wrote enough! Did the Ofsted reports for part B and wanted to shout in frustration by the end of it! I just didn't know what to write! Verdict: Part A, loved it. Part B, hated it.

How did you structure them? Part B was a complete free-for-all for me!

ME TOO! Part A was really good whereas part B was absolutely horrible, hated it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending