Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to do Chem Eng starting this year, and managed to recieve all offers from my unis. I'm now looking to firm and insure unis. The problem is that I have a choice between Loughborough or Nottingham as a firm. Both Unis ask for the same grades (AAB), and I am really clueless about which to pick. I've visited both, and really enjoy both campuses. Although Loughborough has a better chemical engineering department (just a bit), I feel Nottingham may provide me with better prospects should I choose a different career route, while the surrounding area of both unis did not appeal to me. Any advice to help me pick the right uni?

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same situation...but I chose Nottingham over Loughborough for Chem Eng because it has a lot more to offer overall. As you said better prospects and more industry focused which is really important nowadays. Do not regret the decision.
    But if you seriously like sports, go Loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2013leaver)
    Hi, I've applied to do Chem Eng starting this year, and managed to recieve all offers from my unis. I'm now looking to firm and insure unis. The problem is that I have a choice between Loughborough or Nottingham as a firm. Both Unis ask for the same grades (AAB), and I am really clueless about which to pick. I've visited both, and really enjoy both campuses. Although Loughborough has a better chemical engineering department (just a bit), I feel Nottingham may provide me with better prospects should I choose a different career route, while the surrounding area of both unis did not appeal to me. Any advice to help me pick the right uni?
    I agree with Sameen. I am a first year chemical engineer at Nottingham and I can honestly say this dept is very good. We have engineers who work in the industry who come and lecture us for our design module. I am not sure if Lbrough has that. Also Nott is ranked second in the choice of top target for employers like BP... so yeah. At the end of the day, pick a uni where you will like to live for the next 4 years. If you pick it purely upon the dept and when u eventually start ur degree u will start to hate your course, where u live etc. So pick a uni where you genuinely like to live and study for the next 4 years. Good luck.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.