Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i recently bought the Veet 'ready-to-use wax strips' so that i can have a go at waxing my own underarms. Have read the instructions and all, not really worried about doing it, but just a quick question - thinking of waxing tomorrow, so how long will it be hair free? I'm Indian, got black hair which is sortof thick and after shaving it ususally takes about 3 days for it to start growing back. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have similar hair to you and it usually lasts 2 to 4 weeks for me.

ReputationRep:
    Around 3 weeks.

I go to a salon though, and they use hot wax. It works a bit more efficiently than 'ready strips'. How long it takes for you personally, depends on your own hair and how quickly the hair follicles are recreated. I have quite strong hairs, so I will eventually do laser to remove them completely.

ReputationRep:
    Around 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on how dark your hair and skin is.
    Also hot wax works better than strips so judging from the description given, I'd give you a tops of three weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Veet wax strips are ****e, my advice is throw them in the bin and buy the wax that you heat up and spread on

ReputationRep:
    I hate veet wax strips. They hurt more than hot wax, slower and more expensive imo. I feel like you get the job done better with hot wax.

Lasts me around 2-3 weeks (asian with dark hair)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.