Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If your parents are above the threshold, can they take money from you if you apply for means tested loan, or will you get the same amount if you'd applied for a non-means tested loan?

Pressed the wrong button on my application and don't know how to go back. Also might be under threshold due to dependants on parents but not sure so was just going to try and cover all bases. But I'm now worried this could backfire I could end up worse off?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solo123)
    If your parents are above the threshold, can they take money from you if you apply for means tested loan, or will you get the same amount if you'd applied for a non-means tested loan?

Pressed the wrong button on my application and don't know how to go back. Also might be under threshold due to dependants on parents but not sure so was just going to try and cover all bases. But I'm now worried this could backfire I could end up worse off?

Thanks
    Hello Solo123, don't worry the non means tested loan is exactly the same as the minimum amount of means tested loan.

If your studying outside of London and living away from your parents the living cost loan is £3575 for non means tested or if your parents are earning more than £62,125, (it doesn't matter how much more over this amount they earn). If you are studying in London or staying with your parents the amounts are different but the principals the same.

All the best!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.