Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm thinking about volunteering, for the very first time, in Nepal for 2 months (July and August this year) and using the company LoveVolunteers. I'm mainly interested in teaching in a monastery; i'm very keen to learn more about the Asian and Buddhist lifestyle and culture. I just have a few questions.

1. Hopefully I'll be applying sometime this month, but do you think I have left it a bit too late to volunteer? I only have about 2-3 months until I would be going and still have to pay for the program, book flights, get insurance etc.

2. Has anyone ever used this company for volunteering abroad? If so, how were they with helping you, both in and outside the selected country. Are they a reputable company to use?

3. If you've ever been before, what was Nepal like for you? Getting around, communicating with the locals, booking flights etc.

Any other information you give is also appreciated.
    Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.