Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i quit uni make a baby and life on benefits? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there after reading around the forum it seems like everyone is very jealous of people on benefits as they have alot of things people here dont have, there own flat own car and the freedom to do what they want when they want.

As this lifestyle is so great and everyone envys them so much im thinking of following the same route. I mean it must be so amazing if it makes everyone so angry? They get loads of money dont they??

ReputationRep:
    But it's not a way to live your life. Just because other people do it doesn't mean that you should, plus quite a lot of these benefits a getting cut

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you want a 1-way ticket to

Name:  dole_1482505c.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  31.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    *are

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you no self respect?

ReputationRep:
    Are you being sarcastic? I think you're being sarcastic. I hope you're being sarcastic.

No. You don't get "loads" of money on benefits, and babies limit freedoms. Best get all of your fun and freedom out of the way before you're up to your elbows in dirty nappies and noisy rattles.

ReputationRep:
    OP, your post lowered my IQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibeatu)
    OP, your post lowered my IQ.
    Seconded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ziggy2252)
    Hi there after reading around the forum it seems like everyone is very jealous of people on benefits as they have alot of things people here dont have, there own flat own car and the freedom to do what they want when they want.

As this lifestyle is so great and everyone envys them so much im thinking of following the same route. I mean it must be so amazing if it makes everyone so angry? They get loads of money dont they??
    It's because of people like you the government are cutting benefits.

ReputationRep:
    If one has self respect, then one will do all they can to get an education and/or go to work. There are some people who are sick, or disabled, so they cannot go to work. However, having a baby is not a medical condition, so once the child is a year old, then it is time to get back to work. In this day and age, there is enough help out there, and I think it is wrong for people to stay off work, and claim Income Support, because they have children.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how some people manage to live so well purely off benefits but that is not the norm. If you live in a poor area you'd know that the majority do not live so fantastically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xelarose)
    Are you being sarcastic? I think you're being sarcastic. I hope you're being sarcastic.

No. You don't get "loads" of money on benefits, and babies limit freedoms. Best get all of your fun and freedom out of the way before you're up to your elbows in dirty nappies and noisy rattles.

I am on benefits, have been for 12 years, I don't have to sign on, I pay no rent, I can do what I want when I want, I have a full gym membership, I own a car and am able to pay for maintenance, even heavy maintenance repairs, car tax, fill my tank up, we eat out about twice a week and do leisurely things, go on holiday and guess what, I am on benefits http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...491&p=42043570

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)
    If one has self respect, then one will do all they can to get an education and/or go to work. There are some people who are sick, or disabled, so they cannot go to work. However, having a baby is not a medical condition, so once the child is a year old, then it is time to get back to work. In this day and age, there is enough help out there, and I think it is wrong for people to stay off work, and claim Income Support, because they have children.
    Both my parents worked and claimed income support? And now you're going to tell me that parents shouldn't have low income jobs? Or they should be left to suffer because they weren't and aren't hard working enough?

ReputationRep:
    but guys you see in the paper with the red at the top it says that everyone on benefits goes out partying all the time they all have massive tvs they never have to worry about rent they get given free cars and education,free dental care everything free! my unborn (Yet) child will also get free nursery care and tokens for all the baby milk. I mean like i do okay at the moment but unis hard and i dont like my job but everyone everywhere saying how amazing it is i mean i cant help but be jealous right!?!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to end up on Jeremy Kyle then I say go for it!

ReputationRep:
    But do you really want to have no future for yourself and children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better than You)
    I am on benefits, have been for 12 years, I don't have to sign on, I pay no rent, I can do what I want when I want, I have a full gym membership, I own a car and am able to pay for maintenance, even heavy maintenance repairs, car tax, fill my tank up, we eat out about twice a week and do leisurely things, go on holiday and guess what, I am on benefits http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...491&p=42043570
    THIS is exactly what is wrong. I hope you're kidding since its April Fools. You've got a rude awakening if you ever do get back to work, I bet there's nothing wrong with you in the first place.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    but guys you see in the paper with the red at the top it says that everyone on benefits goes out partying all the time they all have massive tvs they never have to worry about rent they get given free cars and education,free dental care everything free!
    I'm clearly doing something then - I can't get a free car. All these car places want £55 a week for these cars.

ReputationRep:
    He's being sarcastic. He's trying to say that people shouldn't get pissed at people on benefits because life on benefits is ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    Both my parents worked and claimed income support? And now you're going to tell me that parents shouldn't have low income jobs? Or they should be left to suffer because they weren't and aren't hard working enough?
    Income Support is usually only available if both parents work under 16 hours per week, nless there is disability involved. I just believe that people should always be better off in work, and if you're parents were working, even if PT, then good luck to them, and they should get WTC and CTC to boost their income. What I disprove of, is parents who stay at home for years, and not work, but live off JSA, Tax Credits, Housing Benefits and Council Tax Benefits. The government should make work pay, unless one is off disabled, then in that case, they should receive full support off the state.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.