Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,

I am new here and I've got a question
    I am very interested in a Linguistics or Communication (PR) Course. But I unfortunately can't obtain the German "Abitur". So I will only get the "Fachhochschulreife". But my dream is to study in the UK.
    So I searched the internet for some informations, if I could study with the "Fachhochschulreife" in the UK.
    I found 8 Universities who accept the "Fachhochschulreife".

1. Anglia Ruskin University
    2. Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh
    3. London Metropolitan University
    4. Bournemouth University
    5. University of East London
    6. Nottingham Trent University
    7. University of Westminster
    8. Queen Mary College (They said, that in some cases the QMC will accept the "Fachhochschulreife" (I've already contacted the QMC) )

My general question is: Which University do you recommend for me?

Of course I will try to get into QMC, but there are chances, that they won't accept me.
    The University should have a good reputation, so after the Bachelor I could get my Master at a good University (Oxbridge, St. Andrews, UCL, KCL... )

I hope you can help with my problem .

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo?

ReputationRep:
    What you need to do is type in 'uk university league table' in google and compare the unis that you have listed... This will show you how good the unis are as well as their rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't just go by league tables. Of those unis, I'd probably say not to go for London Met or Uni of East London, as they don't have the best reputations. The others are all perfectly OK. Look on their websites and read everything you can about them. A lot of unis have videos and virtual tours etc on their websites, so research them yourself and decide which is best for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lascelles)
    Don't just go by league tables. Of those unis, I'd probably say not to go for London Met or Uni of East London, as they don't have the best reputations. The others are all perfectly OK. Look on their websites and read everything you can about them. A lot of unis have videos and virtual tours etc on their websites, so research them yourself and decide which is best for you
    London met and east london are at the bottom anyways...
    And he/she wants a uni with good reputation so that's why I said look at the league table

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.