Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Eyebrows: How much can they make you prettier when done right? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I noticed a girl who had her eyebrows shaped and use an eyebrow pencil make her look so much better. It looked like a 'scousebrow'.

So I was wondering, how much better can getting your eyebrows done all the way (tinted, arched and shaped) make you look better?

was thinking of mate getting mine done by Benefit but am nervous it won't look right!

ReputationRep:
    They say that eyebrows frame the face so it does make a fair bit of difference but remember that it can make you look as unattractive as it can attractive!

Going to a professional would be good but not really all that necessary - just experiment with a pencil until you find a shape you like and use it as a guide to pluck and tweeze to your own delight, pretty much anything goes these days so if it goes terribly wrong you can always pass it off as intentional!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get your eyebrows to make your overall appearance better getting a scouse brow probs isn't the way to do it. Not to mention over the top, done up looking eyebrows don't make you look better in my opinion, major off put. Just keep them neat and natural looking and I don't see how you can go wrong.

Ew.

ReputationRep:
    They can make quite a significant difference tbh.

But I hate over the top, crayola eyebrows. Also when blonde girls use really dark pencil to fill in their eyebrows. Just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notinuse)
    I noticed a girl who had her eyebrows shaped and use an eyebrow pencil make her look so much better. It looked like a 'scousebrow'.

So I was wondering, how much better can getting your eyebrows done all the way (tinted, arched and shaped) make you look better?

was thinking of mate getting mine done by Benefit but am nervous it won't look right!
    Benefit always make mine look so pretty but the best time was when I had 'hd brows' done at the salon- more expensive but did look really good and the tint seemed to last longer. They were more perfected too

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    It really does make or break you. I'm a redhead but I have completely white blonde eyebrows, so I tint and fill in my eyebrows subtly. I didn't really bother with my eyebrows until around 15, and I definitely notice the difference when I look back at pictures compared to now. My face opens up more when my eyebrows are defined and I just feel that my appearance looks better.

Equally, going OTT with the eyebrows can break you. It's horrible when they're sloppily done.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how much difference but I always get mine waxed and tinted as I like the impact.

ReputationRep:
    It really does make a difference - eyebrows shape your face. I just tidy mine up because you can't actually change the shape of your eyebrows without a) leaving you with hardly any or b) making them look ridiculous.
    Get them done professionally the first time then you can maintain it yourself at home.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot, just don't try and change the arch/shape of them. Eyebrows naturally grow the way that suits your face shape best.

Brush all of your eyebrows up, then trim the bits that poke above the natural line. Then pluck any that start out of the natural line underneath. If you have dark hair but light eyebrows (like I do) then you can easily tint them yourself with products from boots, it's pretty idiot proof (just don't use black). If you have lighter hair I would say leave them the natural colour.
    If you want to fill them in, powder looks much more natural than pencil.

It's just my opinion but I think unless you have seriously thick eyebrows then getting them waxed is a waste of money and often ends up ruining the natural shape.

ReputationRep:
    Eyebrows can make a big difference. They open up the eyes and frame the face. Saying that though, good eyebrows can't transform an ugly girl into a goddess.

And fyi, the scouse brow is never a good look.

ReputationRep:
    If they've been done well then yeah I guess they would make you look prettier, although I'd say the eyebrows aren't what I notice about a girl first (if they're pretty normal looking eyebrows that is).

If they're weird looking, then it's baaaaaaaaaaaad.

ReputationRep:
    I have naturally very dark (thick black hair) eye brows, so I constantly have to keep them looking tidy. But I don't think it's totally important. I have days where they could be neater. BUT, Uni brows or hair in the middle is a big NO GO.
    I have friends who don't touch their eyebrows and they look fab (even with bushy eyebrows :giggle: )

ReputationRep:
    I think they make a huge difference. Bad eyebrows definitely do, too.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.