Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have my KS3 Sats in the first week of may. When should I start revising? And can you give me some revision tips?! Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, they don't mean much. Just go over some material in the holidays. Only thing they can possibly affect is your GCSE predictions, which don't mean squat - I know someone predicted an E in Chemistry that got an A* and someone predicted an A that got a borderline D in English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    You'll be fine, they don't mean much. Just go over some material in the holidays. Only thing they can possibly affect is your GCSE predictions, which don't mean squat - I know someone predicted an E in Chemistry that got an A* and someone predicted an A that got a borderline D in English.
    I know they are worthless. This is not the response I was looking for but hey ho thanks for your time. I mean like I want to know some revision tips and when to start. P.S: It is in first week of may ( Before holidays ). Thanks for trying to take some pressure off me, I already know they arn't worth two ****s. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoals)
    I know they are worthless. This is not the response I was looking for but hey ho thanks for your time. I mean like I want to know some revision tips and when to start. P.S: It is in first week of may ( Before holidays ). Thanks for trying to take some pressure off me, I already know they arn't worth two s.hits. lol
    Well, I didn't take ks3 sats. Is there a specific syllabus of things you need to know, or things they've said you need to know? If there is, make some notes (with colours/diagrams) and read them over. Try and get your hands on some past papers. If there isn't anything in particular you need to know just practice the basics, e.g. basic algebra, writing a letter, knowing what apparatus looks like for science.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.emaths.co.uk/index.php/4-...ks3-sat-papers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. When do you think I should start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoals)
    Thank you. When do you think I should start?
    Start tomorrow, you're back to school in a week (I'm guessing). When do you take them?

ReputationRep:
    Start tomorrow, you're back to school in a week (I'm guessing). When do you take them?
    First week of may! Back to school on 16/4/13 sats are in first week of may

ReputationRep:
    The sixteenth? Lucky you!

In that case, start next week at the latest. But do look over the past papers - they're the best help you'll get.

ReputationRep:
    The sixteenth? Lucky you!

In that case, start next week at the latest. But do look over the past papers - they're the best help you'll get.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress about them!

I don't think anyone expects you to revise for your sats.
    Just make sure you do all your homework and concentrate in lessons.

If you really want to revise you should get some revision guides, the CGP ones are good. I'm not sure about the english one but for maths and science you can just read them and work through the questions.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how clever you are, some people don't need to revise and still get A's but if you do need to revise (like me) then i'd start revision now, using cue/index cards is really useful.
    These exams can be slightly important purely for sets in Year 10 which will make a difference but they don't make too much difference. Don't worry about them though, they're quite easy.

ReputationRep:
    I am so stressed out with the test for year 8, what do I do??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.