Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Confidence & working your way up through women Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I'm really late starter. I was always too depressed before and took no responsibility for my ****ty personal life.

Eventually I snapped and tried to get a life and of course girls. I'm not good enough for nightclubs yet but through other scenarios I have managed to get with two 9/10s girls. I have never tried with any girl I didn't think was the best looking possible.

In a way that's positive but the problem is, I might have got them, but I can't keep them. So I'm doing somethings right, and others horribly wrong.

A good female friend (yay, now I have some) says all I need is confidence as she says I have already improved my life and attitude so much but don't realise that I'm complete yet. In my mind I'm still busy trying to improve myself so that I would eventually become a male 9/10.

So yes, I admit I'm still not fully confident. I view confidence as a feeling, backed by beliefs, backed by justification, backed by your personal attributes. So that confidence is proportional to what I ACTUALLY possess, ie not empty. I can't bring myself to feel fully confident because I can't believe that I should be, even if I know if was, I would in fact be more successful. In essence, even if it is good if I so believed, I cannot do so ex nihilo.

Of course, I am more confident than before, but that's because I've slowly improved myself. While I am waiting for completion, for training purposes should I set a target of getting with say 10 women, starting with those who are clearly beneath me, to my equals, then eventually superiors who hopefully will be my equals by the time I arrive there?

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you stop rating every female out of 10 you may stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    Try not thinking about it in terms of a science? Getting the girls you want is more art than science. Its impossible to quantify exactly what makes you good with girls, and to think it is is to ignore the fact that every girl is unique and will like guys who takes different approaches based on their individual preferences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    As soon as you stop rating every female out of 10 you may stand a chance
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisistheend)
    Why?
    Because we aren't walking sex aids, we are people with thoughts and ideas and the ability to converse. As usual, people like you are convinced happiness lies with how many "hot girls" you can get into bed and how other men rate them.

It's 2013, sort it out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.