The Student Room Group

Social work placements

I have a place to study social work at Leeds university in September. I will br living in accomodation. Does anyone know if I would be able to do my placements in my hometown of Newcastle?
I'm not sure about Leeds University but what I do know about my Uni and placement, is they will try to attempt to get you a placement within the local area/county but their say is final, but no harm asking if you can do it home, but I doubt you can :-/.

Good-luck
Reply 2
Original post by HG6593
I have a place to study social work at Leeds university in September. I will br living in accomodation. Does anyone know if I would be able to do my placements in my hometown of Newcastle?

Hey I've firmed Leeds for social work was wondering if you've 100% firmed as it world be nice to meet people ahead of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I would think this is unlikely, as the University will have to use placements in the locality, plus I can't see your tutors from the uni being willing travel to see you in Newcastle. Most of them time you have to take the first placement you are offered as there is a big shortage of them for students

Quick Reply

Latest