Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Yup, schools history project with edexcel, I got a G grade in medicine in year 10 (I know I got skills) but then got the A* in the end for medicine at least :P
    Ahh I did AQA SHP, sooo much better than all the politicky stuff

ReputationRep:
    Maths because it was my worst possible subject - ended up getting a B in it when I came into GCSE's with only a D so it turned out well

Languages take a lot of work too, I took French and spent night after night memorising phrases

Best bet is to revise the ones you enjoy the least and the ones you do enjoy normally creep into your spare time anyway

ReputationRep:
    History and Science the most. History because there is so much content to revise, and Science because I'm not very good at it, and need to revise a lot for the possibility of getting a good mark!

Maths the least, although it's the most enjoyable to revise, as Maths past papers are fun (this is TSR so hopefully I won't be shot down for saying that)

ReputationRep:
    Sciences, because I cared about them the most.

ReputationRep:
    History - there were so much specific information (dates, statistics, little supporting facts) that you had to remember. Plus, I wasn't that good on the exam technique at the time and had to work on that.

Least effort was Maths.

(Funny how I'm probably better at History than Maths nowadays )

ReputationRep:
    Did most for English literature and geography, all those case studies and love poems I had to revise :/

Least for maths, French and history

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably RE or Chemistry, because I loved RE and was convinced I was going to do terrible in Chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    English Literature (memorising poetry was ROUGH)

ReputationRep:
    Most: A draw between unit 3 maths and Chemistry
    Least: English language - How are you even supposed to revise for it!?!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising for my summer gcses at the moment and I'm revising most for geography (need to learn about 15 case studies even though I only use 3 in the exam!!!) and french listening and reading

ReputationRep:
    The subject I put the most work into was art, but I'd say the one I did the most revision for was maths! I'm not especially good at maths, but my efforts paid off and I came out with an A!

The subjects I put the least revision into were the sciences, just because I didn't really enjoy them.

ReputationRep:
    I studied a LOT for history and it was worth it in the end...A*, full marks Also studied loads for Welsh and that also paid off with an A* so study hard, and you'll be rewarded!

ReputationRep:
    Japanese- for reading writing, speaking and listening exams.

Other than that, crammed on the day of the exam.

GCSE's were too easy- the jump to AS was large for me. :/

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSEs in 2011 (mostly) and I revised the most for triple science and maths. Revised the least for RS, I barely opened the book at all.

ReputationRep:
    Revised the most for the subjects I'm taking for A Level. Had to ensure I got A*s in Maths, Physics and Chemistry at least.

ReputationRep:
    History - a) Because there was a lot to remember, and b) I fell asleep in all the lessons so I wasn't just revising the material, I was learning it from scratch.

I still scraped a C ... just. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I did a lot for Biology and Physics - Bitesize became my new best friend :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Science. Didn't do anything other than the revision classes for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    MATHSSS!!

and I am glad I did!

GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    English lit all those anthologies, tkam and the poems had to do practise essays and I was only one mark off the A*, oh well

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.