Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I wasn't sure on whether to put this thread on the fashion and beauty section or here, but anyway I wear green coloured contacts, they are both for sight as in glasses and beauty, my eyes are hazel, I always wanted them to be green but that wasn't really my choice. Now I can't turn them green unless I wear makeup or contacts and although they're both harmful the makeup doesn't really make my eyes look 'green', so I chose the contacts and they look natural, so I don't know, is this unattractive as I'm being fake? Although if someone asks I wouldn't lie about it, should I stop and wear my glasses instead or choose clear contacts instead?

I know I shouldn't really care but it's just a thought. Is colored contacts part of being fake?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say so.

ReputationRep:
    Are you happier with or without the contacts?

That's a better angle to look at it from (excuse the pun). If you're happier with them then no one can judge you on indulging in something that gives you a boost, just go for it!

Besides, many people use a similar sort of thing in order to feel more attractive, why shouldn't you just because it borders on the line of fakery? If someone cares THAT much about your appearance then they're barely worth your time anyway

ReputationRep:
    I wear blue coloured contacts when my eyes are brown.

I consider it makeup in a way, because it's using something artificial to enhance my features. It makes my eyes look bigger and brighter (and obviously lighter) so makes my face look different and, in my eyes at least, a teeny bit more attractive.

Sure, I've had my mum and a couple close friends take a few friendly stabs at it. But I don't really care. When people ask me why my eyes look different or what colour my eyes are if they suspect I've changed it, then I will happily be honest and admit I've got contacts in. It's not a problem. I enjoy wearing them, no problem with that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.