The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Just wondering how many hours everyone is doing, I'm personally doing 4 as I have 4 exams coming up. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
6 hours a day for me. I have 10 exams.
Reply 2
I set targets not hours.
Reply 3
Original post by xxm
I set targets not hours.

I sort of set targets, like in 1 hour I try to get up to a certain page with notes. :smile:
Reply 4
6 a day, plus I'm doing 6 pages a day from each of my maths textbooks, but that only takes 30 mins. I have 7 exams.
Reply 5
I do an hour a day of silent revision at the desk, an hour just background reading and then any spare time dedicated to actual homework :smile:
Reply 6
Are you going to have any days off during Easter?
Reply 7
Original post by LaughingGas
Are you going to have any days off during Easter?

Yeah, I plan on having all of my written up notes for revision (Started 2 weeks ago) and Easter homework done by Thursday. Then a few days relaxing over the weekend, I have 2 days in college next week at revision classes and will read over my notes and do a couple of practice papers during the week (with notes for now.)

Setting an amount of "time" is silly because you might not do much work in that time, set targets instead "I will do a History practice paper today" etc..
Reply 8
Does it count if you have never revised?
Haven't started. I'm ****ed.
Reply 10
I didn't revise at all for AS, got 2 A's and a B. I don't plan on revising much for A2 either, just briefly reading a summary of the book before the Unit 4 exam.

Edit: But this is because I'm taking languages which I already speak. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by taintedCH
I didn't revise at all for AS, got 2 A's and a B. I don't plan on revising much for A2 either, just briefly reading a summary of the book before the Unit 4 exam.

Why do people lie about revising? Are you ashamed?
I used to do at least 6 hours. Did me ok
Original post by loveslinus
6 a day, plus I'm doing 6 pages a day from each of my maths textbooks, but that only takes 30 mins. I have 7 exams.

A level maths? Is it as hard as they say?
Reply 14

you are gambling your future my boy. would you like me to construct a revision timetable for you?

edit: please don't pm me asking me to make you a revision timetable. this was a one time offer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Mukhabarat
Why do people lie about revising? Are you ashamed?

Original post by zz_
you are gambling your future my boy. would you like me to construct a revision timetable for you?

Not lying. I took language A-levels which are official languages in my country. I didn't need to revise since I speak them every day. Alternatively one could say I revise 24/7 then. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Not lying. I took language A-levels which are official languages in my country. I didn't need to revise since I speak them every day. Alternatively one could say I revise 24/7 then. :wink:

Lol, fair enough. Which languages? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Idle
Yeah, I plan on having all of my written up notes for revision (Started 2 weeks ago) and Easter homework done by Thursday. Then a few days relaxing over the weekend, I have 2 days in college next week at revision classes and will read over my notes and do a couple of practice papers during the week (with notes for now.)

Setting an amount of "time" is silly because you might not do much work in that time, set targets instead "I will do a History practice paper today" etc..

It depends on personal preference to be honest, having a set time can be a motivational factor to get on with work, for example I set my self 1 hour to do say a unit in a history book, if I get the unit done then I continue on to the next unit with the time I have left. The problem I have with setting targets is that they could either be too low or too high, meaning I could set a target too low and get it done in 30 mins, but not cover as much work as I could have covered in 1 hour. If it was too high and took me over an hour, well we all know you lose concentration after a certain period of time. :smile:
Reply 18
6 hours i hope to do today!
Reply 19
Original post by lucky20
A level maths? Is it as hard as they say?

Hmm... The core maths bit is OK for me, but the applied module :eek:! I do mechanics and it is by far my hardest subject.

Quick Reply

Latest