Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many hours are you revising each day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well this is on my free time, when i dont have to go to school. In school I study like 8 hours daily and after school like about 3 more doing my homework and stuff. Obviously preparing an important exam is different that doing basic homework...I beggin IB exams today soy that is why I'm studying that much.

ReputationRep:
    I do about 3 hours everyday after school and then between 2-6 hours on the weekend.

i know that sounds loads but guys I have 19 exams starting in two weeks! So really I'm not doing a lot per subject it's just overall! And I'm bricking it haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilotHolly)
    I do about 3 hours everyday after school and then between 2-6 hours on the weekend.

i know that sounds loads but guys I have 19 exams starting in two weeks! So really I'm not doing a lot per subject it's just overall! And I'm bricking it haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im doing the same ammount for 7 as levels, what qualifications are yours for? good luck also

ReputationRep:
    I try to aim for 2-3 hours a night.

I don't find revising hard at all but it's just getting motivated! I would colour code a revision timetable and put all of your revision guides in one place so you will feel like doing it more. In the last week before my history exam I am on study leave and I managed to fit 40 hours in that week! I'm going to be pulling my hair out by Sunday but hopefully it will pay off and I'll get an a*!!

Good luck studying and in your exams. C x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    seven exams , ouch :eek:

ReputationRep:
    4 exams. One chapter in the revision book a day each.

I don't get how the heck some of you have 10 or so exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taintedCH)
    Not lying. I took language A-levels which are official languages in my country. I didn't need to revise since I speak them every day. Alternatively one could say I revise 24/7 then.
    And yet you still only got AAB??

ReputationRep:
    11 exams and 4 hours a school day and 8 on a day off

a timetable is a really good idea, once you feel organized it will hopefully help get rid of some stress (only some though....)

ReputationRep:
    What is this 'revision' you speak of?

ReputationRep:
    On average, I'll be doing around 4 hours per day, which I'm pulling off by doing 2 hours after work on some days and 6 hours every alternate night by pulling out all-nighters. The strain I feel sometimes is murder :emo:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calm down)
    Im doing the same ammount for 7 as levels, what qualifications are yours for? good luck also

Oooh nasty! Haha mine are GCSE's, I think I'd die if I had 19 AS. But to be honest, 5 of them are English exams and 3 are history. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilotHolly)
    Oooh nasty! Haha mine are GCSE's, I think I'd die if I had 19 AS. But to be honest, 5 of them are English exams and 3 are history. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Watch out for history, the exam at GCSE got me

ReputationRep:
    I try and do as much revision as possible until i feel like i have stopped taking in information, then i stop, because there isn't much point in revising if nothing is going in, but as i have upcoming exams i hope to increase this during study leave

ReputationRep:
    Well I used to revise about 2-3 hours a day and then 4/5 a day in the weekend. Now its close I just set myself targets and im just gonna revise all day until they are done. Would love to have all my revision done by next weekend.

So maybe 9 hours today?

Some classmates are saying how they are finished. I dont beleive that its lies, maybe or two but not all. They love lying and they all lie about revision too. Its funny a girl across my road apparently does very little revision. She comes out with 95percent in last test. Complete nonsense. I dont get why anyone would lie because it doesnt make you look impressive just naive.

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 uni exams, have been revising around 3-4 hours a day so far.

I'll try to increase that now though as they're about two weeks away and i've been doing one module per day which is not ideal.

ReputationRep:
    4 hours and no more..it's pointless doing anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateislate)
    Haven't started. I'm ****ed.
    A month later and a week till exams, I am finally starting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calm down)
    Watch out for history, the exam at GCSE got me
    Oooh, I hate history anyway but which one? Germany, Russia or USA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None, I'm starting tomorrow. First exam is in two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    24 hours a day . Sleep is for B*tchessss

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.